Thread: The Time Has Come

MLB ERA

Pitching The Time Has Come

Joba Chamberlain will make his starting debut at Yankee Stadium against the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday, June 3rd. All the speculation, second guessing, relief appearances, and training if you will, has finally lead to this point.

He will be limited to 65-70 pitches.

Making this move at home will be HUGE for him I think, because the fans in Yankee Stadium absolutely adore him (as they should). He will get huge standing ovations, which should really boost his confidence.

Joba knows this is business, but he's still enjoyed this journey for him. "I'm excited just for the opportunity to continue to help the team win ballgames," Chamberlain said. "It's been fun continuing to extend and get lengthened out. It feels like it started about forever ago, but it came about real quick. I know I've got to continue to get better and keep getting stronger in my legs and keep throwing good [bullpen sessions]."

Tuesday was picked in part because it allows Andy Pettitte to pitch on normal days rest on Monday.

IMO, he was rushed, but that was more due to Kennedy's injury than anything. If he had about a week more I would be much happier. However, we have to deal with what we are given. I feel that in the long run this will be very good for the team.

Your thoughts on this big occasion?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Re: The Time Has Come

People should go to the game. It is a $5 night.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    People should go to the game. It is a $5 night.
    really? that's sweet, how do you get tickets? I have a feeling those would go quick. do you get them at the gate? or can I get them ahead of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

AAA ERA

A plea to all Yankee fans, please let's not rush to judge Joba as a starter. We cannot expect him to be great out of the gate, it could happen but it's unrealistic to expect it so let's not get down on him if he struggles early.