Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alex Rodriguez moves to...

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I am not the one riding him on his defense. I am the only sane person here that is saying that it will take him time. He was a Gold Glove SS before coming to the Yanks. If he keeps working hard, he will be a GG thrid baseman. Funny how Jeter's only GG came when Arod had to move.
    Either that or the 7 gold gloves that Omar Vizquel was winning in the AL between 1995 and 2001.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yep that too but we all know that Arod was the better SS.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Yep that too but we all know that Arod was the better SS.
    No. No chance in hell. Omar was the best glove man at SS in the last decade hands down.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Excuse me, I meant to say we all know Arod was better than Jeter and not Vizquel. Vizquel was far and away better and one of the best alltime. Omar is still doing a helluva job for the Giants.

MLB ERA
    Moving either Jeter or Rodriguez to the outfield would be a waste of a Hall of Fame infielder if a center fielder is easier to acquire than a third baseman in the offseason. It would be foolish to make the move this season, as the team has no contingency plan in place to replace either man in the infield. With Eric Duncan's struggles in AA, there appears to be no internal solution either.

Best case: Keep both where they are and hunt down a legit center fielder. No, there isn't a good one available, so the Yankees may have to settle.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    they could have had one in his late 20's named Beltran, but they wanted a 40 year old pitcher instead

It's George, what did you expect?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    joek is a moron. Why do people even respond to him? Especially on any matter relating to the Yankees.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    they could have had one in his late 20's named Beltran, but they wanted a 40 year old pitcher instead
    Yankees didn't NEED a centerfielder. They wanted one. The Bombers NEEDED Starting pitching and that is what they went out and got. Just like life, sometimes you have to put needs before wants.

MLB ERA
    No, what they needed was good starting pitchers, and they don't have that yet.
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    No, what they needed was good starting pitchers, and they don't have that yet.
    Jaret Wright aside, the moves they made were solid. Johnson and Pavano weregreat last year. They haven't paid off as expected yet, but we need to give them a chance.

MLB ERA
    Randy Johnson was the only pitcher with a clear history of dominance, and I don't fault that move. Carl Pavano, on the other hand, has never struck out a lot of batters, and really only had two healthy years in front of a good defense in a pitcher's park. His peripherals in 2004 weren't that much different from 2003, although luck and defense made his ERA decrease a run. Carl Pavano is an average pitcher paid like a very good one. I'm not turning on the these players at all, since I thought Pavano and Wright were bad ideas from the start.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Fools rush in where wise men fear to thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234