Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streak Watcher

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    This loss exemplifies just how valuable the WIN METHOD is..
    Great post. So when we win, its all thanks to the WIN method. When we lose, it exemplifies the WIN Method. JoeK can't lose!

Face it Joe. The Bombers played like crap this weekend and we got our butts kicked. Some days, you have to tip your cap to the other team. Anyone involved with baseball (on the field anyway) knows this all too well. Say it with me now, "The better team won this weekend." Fortunately, we have a fairly easy month ahead of us starting with the Royals.

...I would have never started a thread like this.

ERA
    Call NASA
    You really can't comprehend the WIN METHOD. There is no question the better team won 2 of 3 games this weekend. That is the heart and soul of the WIN METHOD. The best teams with the best players WIN. Be it for a game, a series, a week, a month, or a season. The difference being, that any team can lose a game, a series, have an awful week or month and still finish best for the season. The great teams, build from their losses. That is why they are great teams. The point I was getting at in regard to the stats over the weekend, was that the YANKEES had a chance of winning 2 of 3 games while the stats would say they where outhit and outpitched. Stats mislead, while wins show who is best.

AAA ERA
    You really can't comprehend the WIN METHOD.
    You're really arrogant enough to believe that.

AAA ERA
    The purpose of the WIN METHOD is to uncover players who want the YANKEES to win. To reach the playoffs, win the pennant, and win the WS before and over any and every individual stat. As I have stated many times. I would rather have a player starting who hits .260 has 70 rbis 10 HRs and wins 7 or 8 games with clutch hits and doesn't cost any games in the field, than have a 40 HR .300 hitter with 110 rbis who wins 5 or 6 gmes with bat and costs 2 or 3 games in the field.
    You'd rather have Jason Giambi than Alex Rodriguez up in a tough spot. You'd also rather have Jaret Wright starting rather than Mike Mussina. Correct?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    17-1 is misleading?
    Almost as misleading as 22-0.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    You're really arrogant enough to believe that.
    You are confusing arrogance with someone speaking the truth.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    You'd rather have Jason Giambi than Alex Rodriguez up in a tough spot. You'd also rather have Jaret Wright starting rather than Mike Mussina. Correct?
    Correct. I don't ever want to see Arod up when a really meaningful game is on the line in a really meaning situation. To the best of my recollection his success rate is .000. Right now I would have to take Mussina, because Wright is unable to pitch. However under normal condidtions I would rather have Wright.

AAA ERA
    Correct. I don't ever want to see Arod up when a really meaningful game is on the line in a really meaning situation. To the best of my recollection his success rate is .000. Right now I would have to take Mussina, because Wright is unable to pitch. However under normal condidtions I would rather have Wright.

I think this post speaks for itself, but:

A-Rod is putting up triple crown-caliber numbers, and Mussina (save Boston) can actually get guys out!

This is why there are some among us that think your Method is a bunch of hooey! So don't patronize my abilty to grasp truth and in your next breath tell me you rather have Giambi batting instead of A-Rod!! To the best of your recollection what is Jason Giambi's success rate looking like right now?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Jason Giambi has proven he can get a most meaningful hit in a very meaningful game. Arod has never accomplished that feat. The purpose of the WIN METHOD was to disect stat achievers from the players that truly play for and help a team win. Eliminate the $$ factor. do you think the Rangers would give up Sorianno to get Arod back? Not a chance in hell.

My post does speak for itself. Arod and Mussina, although talented, are not WIN METHOD players. Stop and ask yourself a question, but you will also have to think for a minute. Don't you think if the WIN METHOD was not real, I would not just say every YANKEE is a WIN METHOD player, or at least pick a couple of subs as non WIN METHOD, than tell you Arod and Mussina? The point being, just because a player attains gaudy individual stats, does not mean he helps his team. In the misleading confused blinding world of stats, it may. But not in the real world.

AAA ERA

I disagree with you, deal with it!

Jason Giambi has proven he can get a most meaningful hit in a very meaningful game. Arod has never accomplished that feat. The purpose of the WIN METHOD was to disect stat achievers from the players that truly play for and help a team win. Eliminate the $$ factor. do you think the Rangers would give up Sorianno to get Arod back? Not a chance in hell.
    When was Jason Giambi's last big hit? Last one I remember is the 2 HR Game in the 2003 ALCS. But that was a different Giambi (thats for another thread.) There more reasons than just money as to why the Rangers want nothing to do with A-Rod.

My post does speak for itself. Arod and Mussina, although talented, are not WIN METHOD players. Stop and ask yourself a question, but you will also have to think for a minute. Don't you think if the WIN METHOD was not real, I would not just say every YANKEE is a WIN METHOD player, or at least pick a couple of subs as non WIN METHOD, than tell you Arod and Mussina? The point being, just because a player attains gaudy individual stats, does not mean he helps his team. In the misleading confused blinding world of stats, it may. But not in the real world.
    Obviously the WIN Method is real because we're talking about it. I just think it doesn't apply itself well to evaluating an individual player's talent. As opposed to say the 5-tool Method. I find a lot of truth in your theory, namely that stats can be misleading. But the horse is already out of the barn on that one. Bill James is way ahead of you on that, so he'd probably appreciate it if you stopped claiming responsability for that revalation.

I also agree that winners usually reproduce their success. This is useful on the free agent market when evaluating two players of seemingly similar value. I don't think, however, that you can apply this method to young players who haven't been tested in a pressure situation. If you think it can, give me a name of a young WIN Method ball player for me to keep an eye on. Someone not in the Big Leagues perhaps?

ERA
    Call NASA
    As far as bill james is concerned, you have it the other way around. I have shown stats to be misleading and errant long before james ever thought of writing about it. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first, if not the first to rip has statistical theories to shreds.
    The fact that Giambi more than likely was chemically enhancing his body in an attempt to achieve his results years ago does not change the fact that he did get meaningful hits in his career as a YANKEE. The chemical enhancing only demeans him and what he has done. Arod has been a YANKEE just over a year now, and I am still waiting for him to perform in a very meaningful situation. The FA market is probably the one thing that made the WIN METHOD a viable tool for Mr.S. However we where using the WIN METHOD for over 12 years now. We use the WIN METHOD not as a tool to determine a players on field skills, they can only gain their skills through training, learning , and development. But the WIN METHOD can get into their heads, their thought process, and how they think the game should be played. Team winning vs. individual goals. Every draftee we have signed for the past several years has been WIN METHOD certified. Therefore no single name need be given. Each players talents and how he develops will move him through the minor league steps. When they are ready for AAA, they are interviewed again, to see if their views and desires and outlook has changed. When a youngster makes it to the YANKEES he has been wWIN METHOD certified.

AAA ERA
    As far as bill james is concerned, you have it the other way around. I have shown stats to be misleading and errant long before james ever thought of writing about it. As a matter of fact, I was one of the first, if not the first to rip has statistical theories to shreds.
    Thats very cute. Its too bad no one thought enough of your work to publish it. By the way, Bill James's statistical theories that you ripped to shreds (allegedly) beat your WIN Method last October. It looks like Bill James is WIN Method certified now!!

On another note, I invented HDTV back in the 80s, and I invented the iPod in 1992. I also exposed Enron and WorldCom on the unethical business, and I shed light on Martha Stewart's SEC violations after I defeated communism in 1988.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I need no and seek no notoriety. I leave that for the losers. Yes, bill james statistical theories beat the WIN METHOD last year, but I'll take the advantage the WIN METHOD has had over the past decade over any one elses views.
    I appears with all your achievements in the past, you did not seek any notoriety either.

AAA ERA
    I'm not sure if anyone else is reading this thread, Joe. I'd say it's pretty entertaining and the rest of the board doesn't know what they're missing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast