Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Streak Watcher

ERA
    Call NASA
    They are reading it. Look at the views. The stat geeks have been humiliated so many times by the WIN METHOD, they are running to the hills. I love it when they try to explain their greatest players and why th;ey don't win. they always blame the other guy. While the WIN METHOD gives credit and acknowledges, as best, all the players who win. I understand that you may never agree with the WIN METHOD, or may accept part of the theory behind it while rejecting other parts. But always keep in mind, the object of the game and the object for a player, should be for the team to win. That is the WIN METHOD. All I can ask is, would you rather win the WS with no player leading in any of the self achievement categories, or lose with a couple of players leading in the self achievement categories. You can always blame the losing on the 'other players', while the other players on the winning teams get no credit. We disagree, so what, the world will still go on. Hopefully the more people know and read about the WIN METHOD, they will come to realize that true greatness comes in the winning.

AAA ERA
    I'm sure you and I account for a majority of those views.

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    ...keep in mind, the object of the game and the object for a player, should be for the team to win. That is the WIN METHOD. All I can ask is, would you rather win the WS with no player leading in any of the self achievement categories, or lose with a couple of players leading in the self achievement categories?
    That's a silly question. The 1998 - 2000 Yanks are perfect examples of this. Recently (2001 -present) the Yanks appear to go after so-called self achievement players. For example: Giambi, Mondesi, Sheffield, Matsui, and our thirdbaseman... What's his name again?

On another note...Mike Mussina is 69-41 with the Yanks (216-122 career). Please explin, in the context of the WIN Method, how a pitcher with a winning record, doesn't help his team win games.

ERA
    Call NASA
    There is nothing wrong with self achievement as long as the win and the team come first. I find nothing wrong with a player winning the triple crown and help leading his team to a world championship. I give little credit to a player who wins the triple crown and helps his team not even make the playoffs, or worse not being a winning team. As far as Mussina is concerned, the job of a pitcher is to win and Mike has done that. He has always been a decent pitcher. He failed the WIN METHOD for other reasons than his wishing to win. Don't be fooled by what you read in the papers or hear on the airwaves from sports reporters. Musch of the garbage they spew is self created. That way they can have a job and earn a living. This is the 66th post in this thread, and their are 280+ views. Alot of people are reading and hopefully learning that winning is what mkaes players great.

AAA ERA
    There is nothing wrong with self achievement as long as the win and the team come first. I find nothing wrong with a player winning the triple crown and help leading his team to a world championship. I give little credit to a player who wins the triple crown and helps his team not even make the playoffs, or worse not being a winning team.
    I find something wrong with the other 24 players on the team if a player wins the triple crown on a terrible team. I don't fault the stud on the team at all. This is my biggest problem with WM. Individual players gain value based on TEAM success. I'd love to see your Hall of Fame.

Don't be fooled by what you read in the papers or hear on the airwaves from sports reporters. Much of the garbage they spew is self created. That way they can have a job and earn a living.
    So professional baseball columnists, reports, and broadcasters are not to be trusted, but a no-namer with a crazy theory on an internet messageboard speaks baseball gospel? Isn't the WM self-created by you, JoeK? Don't you have a job under Mr. S? Don't you earn a living by the WM? You're defeating yourself with your own rhetoric.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I retired from my chosen profession at 50 to devote all my time to the WIn METHOD. Yes I earn good money with the WIN METHOD. Why because it works, produces results, and no one else has it. Individual players gaining success because of team success is the desired outcome of the WIn METHOD. Not individual players gaining success while their team flounders. Arod proved that with Texas.

MLB ERA

Royals

The streaks are kaput.
    Not yet. 3 game losing streak, (4 if KC holds on tonight) and 1 seriers losing streak (2 if KC holds on tonight)
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    I retired from my chosen profession at 50 to devote all my time to the WIn METHOD. Yes I earn good money with the WIN METHOD. Why because it works, produces results, and no one else has it. Individual players gaining success because of team success is the desired outcome of the WIn METHOD. Not individual players gaining success while their team flounders. Arod proved that with Texas.
    What job do you have exactly for the Yankees?
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AAA ERA
    A-Rod went to the playoffs with Seattle. He also went to the ALCS with the Yankees. Did A-Rod gain success because of his team's success in these years?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Element: I do interviews via the WIN METHOD to find candidates for the YANKEES. I deal with Mr.S. and him only. I report my findings to him alone. He does the rest.

Hmark6: Arod has held the same value for several years. A playoff here, a playoff there, sometimes nothing. He adds little to make a team better. But he sure puts up gaudy individual stats.

Element: I'll let you handle the negative streaks, I have to live with them, but I don't like them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I am covinced that Joek is a lowly scout. My dad was a scout for the Angels but not really. He was supposed to report if he saw any major league talent which he rarely did. Did he get paid for this, no. Only the school paid him. And my college coach was a scout for the Giants. Did he get paid for that? No, but got to visit SF once a year.

ERA
    Call NASA
    It is amazing you could come to the conclusion you did about me. Yet defend the games greatest stain and cheater in bonds. It sure shows where your head is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What the hell did Bonds have to do with anything? My head sticks to the subject. You are a scout and I even doubt that since your baseball knowledge is pretty weak.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    your baseball knowledge is pretty weak.

AAA ERA
    Arod has held the same value for several years. A playoff here, a playoff there, sometimes nothing. He adds little to make a team better. But he sure puts up gaudy individual stats.
    What do you suppose the Rangers would have been had Derek Jeter gone to Texas in 2001, and A-Rod came up with the Yankees? How would the Crown Jewel of the WIN Method, Derek Jeter, made winners out of the 2001-2003 Texas Rangers? Could any one player have made a tangible impact on that team? If so, who? If not, Why de-value A-Rod because of it?

Perhaps Texas's lack of success had to do with: First, bad pitching. This was always their achilles heal, and the reason they never had success in the playoffs. A-Rod can't pitch, and neither could anyone else on that team. Second, the departure of guys like: Raffy Palmero, Todd Zeile, Juan Gonzales, Mark McLemore, Lee Stevens. Third, Scott Boras. The contract hurt the Rangers, not A-Rod's playing ability. The guy won a freaking MVP. How is that not doing everything in your power to help your team win?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That's what I thought Joek. You got nothing!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast