Thread: Pitching Guru Rick Peterson's Concern About Johan Santana

MLB ERA

Mets Pitching Guru Rick Peterson's Concern About Johan Santana

“Well, Santana is a major concern, obviously. I know it’s been reported he has a blister on his middle finger and that can certainly be a major, major detriment for a pitcher; and then there’s been some rumors that his knee has been bothersome. When you have a finger issue and then you have that knee issue like he had before you really have to be concerned… But, hopefully for the Mets and hopefully for Johan it’s temporary, hopefully it’s just a blister and a cranky knee and he bounces back after a few days rest.”

That's Rick Peterson from an interview today with Brandon Tierney. Worries me a lot, because Peterson knows what he's been talking about. I sincerely hope nothing is wrong with Santana.

Although, Newsday speculated today that he could have a feeling that as a team leader he has to pitch through whatever pain he may feel....which could conceivably injure him worse.....which would end this team's season.

Please Johan....be (and stay) healthy.

MLB ERA

Re: Pitching Guru Rick Peterson's Concern About Johan Santana

All of these injuries for the Mets is just ridiculous. Hopefully they don't lose their ace, they've already lost enough. I love watching Johan pitch (especially when he gets shelled by the Yankees) but seriously I do enjoy watching this guy throw. Its always enjoyable to watch him just make hitters look like clowns. Hopefully this isn't too serious.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    All of these injuries for the Mets is just ridiculous. Hopefully they don't lose their ace, they've already lost enough. I love watching Johan pitch (especially when he gets shelled by the Yankees) but seriously I do enjoy watching this guy throw. Its always enjoyable to watch him just make hitters look like clowns. Hopefully this isn't too serious.
    I couldn't agree more

edit: Sorry for the neg rep BuckFoston, I totally didn't mean to do that. I clicked way too fast and missed the Quote button. Maybe if Mission sees this he can undo it
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Haha not a big deal bro. I can't see it on my reputation received though, so maybe it didn't work? Or do you just not see when you get neg reps?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

The new system doesn't alert you when you get rep now.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

When you gave me a positive rep on the 13th it showed up?

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM