Thread: David Wright Finally Taking a Leadership Role?

MLB ERA

Mets David Wright Finally Taking a Leadership Role?

For years, I have been wondering when David Wright would eventually feel more comfortable in a leadership role. Tonight, for the first time, I saw signs of him growing in to that.

After a 5th inning where Pelfrey lost himself, gave up 2 runs, and basically took himself out of the game, Wright approached Pelfrey in the dugout and got in Pelf's face, seemingly telling Pelfrey that the team needed him, that he has to keep his focus and shut down an inferior lineup. It got to the point where Wright then seemed to take Pelfrey's thoughts on his loss of focus to the catcher Brian Schneider....which to me, is a sign that Wright is a leader, a communicator with the rest of this team. That's something I like to see.

I know it's not a major deal, and I know most of you will probably tell me that I'm making too much of this, but from a Mets fan's point of view, it's about time David, you're gonna be a captain one day.

MLB ERA

Re: David Wright Finally Taking a Leadership Role?

Thats good to hear because I have been wondering the same thing for awhile now. I didn't see it but I don't think you are making too much of this but I think its a really good sign. The Mets need someone like Wright to take over and become the leader without having any doubt from any of the other players on the team. The players need to have someone to know that when they're in the clubhouse and a situation arises or anything of that sort, Wright would be your man to go to. Good thing to see from Wright.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM