Thread: Hunter Update..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hunter Update..

His season is over. Broken ankle and cut tendon. Will not be back till next year. What a great time for Hunter to go down. Season is lost. Pack the bags fellas and get out on the golf courses! Your season has ended a month ago.

If I am wrong tell me. But with the lack of people here I am not to worried. I would love to see us get hot, but i don't see that happening! We still can't hit, we did nothing at the trade deadline! Polad won't spend money so what are we as fans supposed to do? Be happy about this team? I am very upset how this team has become. Hell there is not even a leader on the team! Has there been a players only meeting? Hell no! DO they care I am thinking not.

The other problem I see is who in the minors can hit? For power ? no one. We have great young sp but why did we not make a deal?

One deal I heard is that Texas Wanted Liarno our aaa stud sp for Soriano! I think i would have done that deal. Why we get a hitter a guy that hits homers and drive in runs and steals alot of bases. I believe we could have signed him. Put Soriano in the lineup and look at the team now. Look at in next year with Hunter back, what a team we would and should of had.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    There is always the waiver wire. Hopefully something can happen for you guys. Just keep a head up and hope they stay in the race.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Personally, when they didn't make a move, I thought they were done. Now, I can't see them getting back in the race unless Morneau starts hitting like he should be, and the utility infielders start going all-world.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Shit wilton we need the entire team to get going. Pitching has done real good and the hitters suck. Hell any high school team in america cold beat the Twins. They are a terrible team.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Well, Torii Hunter just became a different player. With an injury this severe, you have to consider that he'll lose much of his range, forcing him to an outfield corner next season. Since a lot of his value comes from his fielding, he may not be an asset to the Twins going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Rookie ERA
    Let's not put the cart before the horse here. Let's let Torii rest, heal and begin his workouts. He is not the type player to hold back and he will work extra hard to get back to his playing shape.

As for any trades - why try to fix something with only one bat when we could actually use 3-5 bats now especially with Torii out so I feel not trading away the future and riding out the rest of this season was a good move. Not a popular move but a good move. Twins fans have been way too spoiled over the last few years and we have been fortunate not to have such injuries to key players. But we were due and here we are.

Let's build with what we have, give the infield more time to gel and the rest of this season for Morneau to work on his swing. Keep in mind he had a horrible off-season with one illness after another - his slump could be a result of all that finally catching up with him.

We aren't going to catch the White Sox and the A's are playing solid ball so they will probably get the Wild Card. So let's enjoy the wins the Twins do get and root for them to improve on a daily basis. A team-wide slump has been poor timing at this time of year but it only adds to the loss of Torii which equals time off in October.

Probably not a popular post here but a truthful one.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    When the Giants put Grissom and Sanchez on waivers, the Twins should claim them.

MLB ERA
    I love my team, but I'm tired of seeing the richest owner in baseball do nothing year in and year out when it comes to trading and making a push for the post season. This year is/was no exception. Who did the twins trade for? An over the hill joe average playerl, only to cut him 2 weeks later.

As for Hunter, don't expect to see him anymore this year. If the Twins somehow were able to make a run at the division title (chyeah, right) or the wild card slot, then perhaps. But I really dont' have a lot of faith in the club even making a run at the Wild Card slot anymore. That being said, why would you rush Torii back? If he's out 4-6 weeks, that'll take us to the middle of september. I'd just tell him to grab a case of Twinkies and sit back and watch the rest of the league and enjoy the postseason from his couch at home.

(sorry, I'd love to be optimistic, but the last 2 months have proven to me that this club is extremely average).