Thread: 7/2/05: Devil; Rays/Twins

AA ERA

7/2/05: Devil Rays/Twins

Twins continue the weekend series against the Devil Rays tonight at the Dome. They are coming off an exciting win last night in what was an awesome eighth inning thanks to the bases loaded and Jacque doing his thing with the bases loaded triple. Let's the hope offense continue to keep rolling.

Kyle Lohse is on the mound and when he is on the mound, you cross your fingers and hope for the best.

McClung vs. Lohse

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Lohse pitched well. What a suprise that was! The catch Stewart made of the homerun he brought back it was nice. Even Kyle was excited over the catch! I saw a fist pump. Glad to see an inprovement out of Kyle. I hope there was some scouts on had to see him pitch tonight, Maybe with the good outing someone will want him and we can get the bat we need.. Morneau hit a 3 run blast to right an upperdeck shot. We need him to get rolling. Twins win 4-1..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Yeah I saw Kyle waiting for Shannon in the dugout to thank him out there in the third inning. That was great to see. It was good to see a pitcher appreciate his fielder for saving his butt. That's the way it should be. That's one of the unwritten rules in baseball IMO. Always tip your hat to the fielder that saved your butt if you are on the mound pitching. I am pretty sure Gardy or Rick Anderson confronted Kyle about his mannerisms against the Tigers in which he did not acknowledge Torii for making that catch. It was good to see Kyle not make the same mistake TWICE.

Speaking of Kyle, he pitched a great game. I did not expect that to happen. He worked fast. He got his groundballs and he was able to get the double plays when he had to. It was good to see him get out of a jam in the fourth inning when he had runners at second and third. Just a good performance out of Kyle. Good for him. I am going to enjoy this while it lasts because I am certainly waiting for him to have his usual bad inning eventually.

Nice to see Justin actually hit a HR. It's been a long time since he homered and you can tell it's a HR from Justin, when the ball lands on the upper deck. Here's hoping this is a start of great things to come for Justin.

Luis Rodriguez played a great game.

Jacque played great too.

It was good to get the first two wins and it's good to get the series. Let's hope for the sweep tommorow. A sweep is something the Twins need IMO.