Twins sweep the Devil Rays and swept the Rays in the season series this season. This was a sweep the Twins needed. They had to get a sweep in this homestand and they got it today. It was good to get 5 wins in this homestand. They needed to beat the bad teams and they got it done in this homestand. I am very pleased. It makes the plane ride to Southern California very good.

Joe Mays was fantastic out there. Like Kyle last night, he worked fast and got his sinker to work well. He threw strikes too. He did a good job. Like I said when the Twins starting pitching do well, they win games.

Juan and Joe Nathan did the rest.

It was great to see the Twins rally from behind to tie the game and then win it today. Torii, who had a great week, got the leadoff double and Mike Redmond singled him home for the GW run.

Good to see Lecroy hit his rare HR.

It was good to see the Twins grinding out there against Kazmir, who is going to be real good for the Devil Rays. I still don't know why the Mets dump Kazmir. He could have helped them for years to come.

I just want to commend the Twins for putting on a great show today in honor of the men and women fighting in the war. It was Armed Services Appreciation Day as the Twins had caps representing the men and women out there. It was awesome seeing the female soldiers singing the national anthem. It was too bad that it was not televised in the Twin Cities today because it was a great show. On a day like today in which the Twins were honoring the soldiers, the least they could have done is have FSN North on FOX29 air this game today. Also great job by the Twins giving free tickets for the current and retired soldiers to see the game today. That was an great gesture.

Great job by the Twins in this homestand. They did what I wanted them to do which is going 5-1 in the homestand. They have the lead in the Wild-Card race and they are only 8.5 games behind She-ca-go. I hope they keep it up to finish the first half of the season.