Thread: MLB is overreacting with the Twins/Indians brawl

AA ERA

MLB is overreacting with the Twins/Indians brawl

What the hell is this? Selig apparently gave warnings to Gardy and Eric Wedge that if their pitchers hit the other team's batters, not only will the pitchers get tossed, but the manager gets tossed not to mention suspensions are coming. This is so stupid. So what if two teams fight each other on the field. Sports is where teams hate each other. That's the beauty aspect of following sports. You gotta have teams hate each other. It bothers the hell out of me that the Twins and Indians get to have freakin warnings. Yankees and Red Sox have had brawls in the field and in the papers in the last two years. How come Selig hasn't given them any warnings? Why is it a different standard for the Twins and Indians? Why? I don't care if there is a brawl or plunkings. It's part of the game. You got two teams who want to win badly. This is not tiddlywinks. Shame on MLB for giving letters of warning to both managers and both clubs.

Rookie ERA
    I was watching Torii on that Fox Sports show last night and they mentioned that Gardy got a letter from Bob Watson with MLB about how he'll be suspended if anything happens intentionally in Cleveland! That is just down right stupid if you ask me. Did Torre and Francona get a letter before their series this weekend? Let 'em play ball for God's sake. MLB needs to concentrate more on cleaning up the steroids and dealing with that whole mess they created and just let them play ball.

AA ERA
    Twins has been involved in brawls in recent years hence why Gardy got the letter not that idiot, Eric Wedge, who in my opinion plays a big role in this too. Again, it's no big deal. I am all for classmanship, but in the heat of the action, everything goes and that's a great thing.

Rookie ERA
    Why are the Twins constantly being singled out?!? In the game last night, Gardy got thrown out and I can certainly see his point in his disagreement. If the Twins were to be warned at anytime then so should the Indians - isn't that what they (MLB) set the precident for in their warning letter to Gardy before the series began? Does it only apply to the Twins? The Umps and MLB need to be more consistent in their warning procedures or take a step back and let them play ball.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    There Is Several Hate Issues Between Both Teams. So I Think That Is Why The Warnings Were Issued. But I Do Not Understand Why Gardy Got Tossed Last Night.

Now To Lecroy He Is Not First Basemen... The Ball He Made An Error On Was An Easy Play I Could Have Made. Morneau And Mauer Getting Alot Of Rest Lately What Is Up With That.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    The reason why the Twins are singled out is because they are a common denominator for brawls. Twins have had issues with the Whiney Sux and the Indians since 2001 so they get singled out. I think it's interesting that the Twins don't have problems with the AL West and East teams yet it's an issue against the Sux and Indians. Funny thing is those two teams start it, but those two teams get away with it. I am sick and tired of it. Those two teams start mouthing off on the paper yet they never get criticized. It's always the Twins fault. I am tired of it. You know the saying about how it takes two to tango. Well that's what it is. Twins are not starting up fights for the hell of it. Something must inspire them. Twins want to play baseball, but if She-ca-go and the Indians want to start something, it's all game. Like I said, it's take two to tango and She-ca-go and Cleveland has done this since 2001.

Gardy got tossed because he kept going on and on with Hohn. Hohn did not want to eject him, but Gardy apparently used profanity and that was it. Gardy clearly wanted to get tossed here. He wasn't happy and he kept going on in his press conference. He saved his words for Sabathia after the game. Now I don't know what went on. Gardy attacked Sabathia about how C.C. started the whole thing which is why apparently Carlos hit Gerut in the head. C.C allegedly was mouthing off at the Twins even though I never saw it and then he hit Shannon in the head.

Jason Williams of the Pioneer Press did a great job breaking down Gardenhire's comments. This is a must read.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/11784631.htm

As for Matty, he should have caught that ball. That was a pivotal play. Mauer got rest because he has been getting dinged up lately. As for Justin, Gardy will never ever have him face the gangsta (Sabathia) because he fears Sabathia will purposedly injure Justin. Sabathia intentionally hit Justin in the wrist last year which is why Justin never was the same after that especially in the playoffs. I think it's a stupid reasoning. If C.C. hits Justin, then one of the Twins pitchers will take care of business. Simple as that.