Thread: 6/1/05: Twins/Indians

AA ERA

6/1/05: Twins/Indians

After a crazy game last night with all the garbage that took place in what was a very good game, I am hoping for a good ballgame without the nonsense. I really hope it does not get any uglier.

The next two games are huge. For one thing, the Twins can't fall further behind against She-ca-go not to mention the Indians are on the Twins collective necks. Second, the Yankees are coming to the Dome this weekend and if the Twins get swept, they could be in third place by next week. As important as this series is for the Indians, Twins really need this as much as the Indians.

Brad will be on the mound tonight. Here's hoping he pitched better than his last outing.

Should be a great game tonight as always between those two clubs.

Lee vs. Radke

AA ERA
    Huge win tonight. A win they needed with Johan on the hill tommorow. Twins have a golden shot to win this series now.

How about Torii! He was clearly the story of this game tonight. He had a night to remember. A grand slam and five hits. I never expected him to have an offensive outburst like he had tonight. This was long time coming and it was a special one. It started with the third inning when he hit a grand slam off Cliff Lee. He hit the grand slam after robbing a HR to end the third. Then for an encore, he was able to drive in two runs with the bases loaded in the seventh as he delievered a knockout punch with a huge assist by Johnny Peralta. I don't know if Peralta was confused by the lights at the Dome, but he clearly gave up on that ball. He should have caught it. He just stopped running. That should have been the final out of that inning. Huge break for the Twins. Just a night to remember for Torii. I did not see this coming. He has had a frustrating year offensively so far so for him to come through was awesome.

Lew had a great game. 3 hits tonight.

Nice to see Brent Abernathy have a good game as he was called up.

The Twins infielders was awesome again. Juan Castro continues to amaze defensively.

Brad was good. He got off to a rough start in the first two innings of the game. He gave up his usual two-run HR in the first inning as Ben Broussard once again homers off the Twins. Brad did got on a groove from third inning and beyond. Of course, Indians announcers talked about how Brad got a huge strike zone. Several Indians hitters did not like the calls from the home plate ump.

I got to watch the Indians telecast tonight as I got their feed. C.C. Sabathia did a dugout interview with the Indians announcers. I have to say that I found him to be charming and enlightening. It was a nice listen. He seemes to say good things about the Twins. He talked about Gardy's comments about him and he clearly denied that what he did anything wrong. He thought Gardy embellished it and he was dissapointed. You know it's C.C's word against Gardy's word. Who knows what really happened? From what I saw on TV, C.C. really did not say much the other night and Juan Castro went on record saying that C.C. did not say anything to him. I guess Gardy said it to fuel his team. Who knows? If Gardy made all of this up, I would be dissapointed in him. There is no need to make up stuff and inflame this even worse.

Great win. Tommorow is a key game.