Thread: Happy Memorial Day Weekend

MLB ERA

Twins Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Just a wish to my fellow Twins fans (and any other fans that happen to stop by)....

I hope you all have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Personally, I'll be out and about for most of the weekend and offline for the majority of it. Spending some time with the family and my stepson's graduation is today.

While you are all enjoying the long weekend, make sure you take a moment to remember the reason for this extended weekend. While too many people just view it as a 3-day weekend, there are thousands of lives that have been lost and thousands of men and women who have busted their tails in the armed forces so that we can all enjoy the freedoms that we do have. Please.... do not forget these people ever, but especially this weekend. Also, don't forget about our country's forefathers who also willingly stood up for what they wanted and believed in while forging this great nation of ours.

AA ERA
    Great post! I agree that the men and women that have fight for our country deserved lot of props, respect, and reflection from the people.

Congraulations to your stepson in graduating.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, Lynch and everyone here.

MLB ERA
    Yep, Happy Memorial Day!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Happy Memorial day everyone. God bless all the troops fighting over seas for us right now. Thank you!

Rookie ERA
    I sure hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

We went to the Indy 500 and it was a very Patriotic theme. Colin Powell drove the pace car, they had several military people in the pre-race celebrity lap, a military choir sang the National Anthem and the balloons were red, white and blue that they let loose before the race began. Oh and we had a B52 do the fly over and it circled and flew over again. That was very cool!!!

We stay west of Indy in this small town and they line the main streets with flags.

Hope everyone was safe!

AA ERA
    I am glad you had a good time at the Indy 500, DG.