Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Jennings on the radar?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    But I can't understand why Polad will not spend on free agents when we need them! Thomas in a Twins uniform would have been huge. We have a new stadium being built why can't polad spent? Sure would make alot of sence to me to field a top team so when the new stadium opens up we will sell out all our games.

Is there a stadium name yet? Any names being talked about?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    You are correct -- Frank Thomas would have looked good in a Twins' uniform. Unfortunately, he decided the risk of playing 81 games on the Dome turf would not have been worth the risk to his legs. Who is to say that he wouldn't have been seriously hurt playing in his first game as a Twin? Now that he's going to Toronto, which has a surface harder than the Dome's, I fear his playing time will be cut by injuries.
    As to the Twins fielding a competitive team, how does this line-up sound:
    C -- Mauer
    1B -- Morneau
    2B -- Casilla
    3B -- Moses
    SS -- Bartlett
    LF -- Parmelee
    CF -- Hunter
    RF -- Cuddyer
    DH -- Kubel
    SP:
    Santana
    Liriano
    Garza
    Perkins
    Slowey
    Closer -- Nathan
    It is the projected 2010 line-up in Baseball America's prospect issue. I think it would be a very competitive team, especially with Punto and a couple of other guys on the bench.
    We are getting away from the initial tone of the thread. Jason Jennings would have been a great pick up for the Twins, but at what cost? The deal the Rockies got from the Astros was too good to pass up and the Twins would not have been wise to try to beat it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Toronto replaced their turf few years ago, its much more like fake grass now. But that still doesn't change the fact I hate the Thomas signing.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12