Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Jennings on the radar?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jason Jennings on the radar?

• The Twins, looking for a starter to bolster their rotation, are focusing on the lower end of the free-agent market, but have also explored the possibility of swinging a trade with Colorado for Jason Jennings. The Rockies would no doubt want Minnesota's top prospect, Matt Garza, as a centerpiece to such a deal. Given Minnesota GM Terry Ryan's reluctance to trade his best prospects, that's unlikely to happen.
    -Jerry Crasnick from the winter meetings on espn.com
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Could be an interesting deal, but I would offer either Slowey or Durbin plus Plouffe or Kelly instead of Garza.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    I have a hard time believing the Twinks would send Garza packing. Personally, I sure as hell wouldn't give up Garza for a guy who's career = 58-56 with a 4.74 ERA. He's really only had one really good season out of 6 in Colorado and in that season, his pitching wasn't as spectacular as his run support was.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Maybe a change of scenery for Jennings would do him good?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Worked for Kile and Hampton(before injury).
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I think he would be an upgrade in the rotation. With Liriano out with an injury for '07 and Radke retiring, they need another pitcher, and Jennings may be the answer without breaking the bank or giving away too much in a trade.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Ryan hates to deal the future of the Twins. He has always been like that. You can't blame hime either due to Polads being a tight ass!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Not only do I agree with you mntwinsfan, but it also has proven to work out well for them in recent years! I say keep the top prospects and trade away Rondell White or someone that may be expendable. With Hunter ic CF, do you really need a LF at all, hahaha, all kidding aside, you can always find a LF in a trade. I know Colorado probably doesn't White, but I was using his name as an example.

MLB ERA
    Like I said, how about Slowey and Kelly for Jennings? Both teams get what they need. Jennings would step into the Twins rotation and do well. Kelly could play 2B for the Rockies and is expendible with the Twins picking Machado in the Rule 5 Draft.
    Kelly just appears to be a roster-filler now.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I guess the Twins need a new radar. Maybe they should look into sonars? Anyways, there are still many other pitchers out there. You could still sign Ohka before the Cardinals do!

MLB ERA
    With the list of pitchers that were "non-tendered" there are a few new options for the Twins. Adam Harben is available, as is Joel Pinerio

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Maybe teams can use their stealth equipment to get new players. I am sure the Twins will find someone.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Catman.

What pitching is remaining out there that can help the Twins? If Radke is done as I am guessing we need to starting pitchers! Glad to see us do NOTHING as usual... POLAD needs to SPEND!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I tell you what.

I feel good about our starting rotation.

MLB ERA
    There are a few arms available, those I mentioned are worth bringing into camp to see what they can do.
    Internal options are not too bad. JD Durbin is worth a look, Perkins, Slowey, and Swarzak are also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast