Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch

MLB ERA

Ouch

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/ar...-torn-acl.aspx

Sounds as if Gallardo will miss the season, which would be a big blow to the Brewers pitching staff. We've seen our fair share of incorrect injury reports (See: Jimmy Rollins' Fractured Ankle), but I certainly wouldn't want to see this if I was a fan of the Brew Crew...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Ouch

Yeah with a torn ACL he is done for the season. Pitchers use their legs way too much and even with a slight tear he will not pitch because he will just tear it more. Sucks for the Brewers chances.

Man, that is bad. Reminds me a bit of Prior and his just bad luck health. Hopefully he can return strong.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

I don't know if I would compare him to Prior just yet, but this is a huge loss. He was a pretty big cog in that rotation. I don't think it will be something that will hurt him too much in the future...but it will be a while before he gets to 100%, maybe not next year, but the following year...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I had surgery three times last November-December and have gone through a lot of physical therapy and my leg is still half the size of the other one. Takes time but I am running now without a limp which is good. Leg strength is such an important part of pitching that goes overlooked.

MLB ERA

Did you tear your ACL? I tore my MCL and strained my meniscus last year, thank god I didn't tear the meniscus or I would have needed surgery
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I mean, I'm just saying that it will take time, but he should be able eventually to come back strong

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I tore my ACL and then did it again after surgery trying to press too much then had surgery to clean an infection.I think I have done something now to my other knee after having all that pressure on it for so long. I was in a wheelchair for quite some time. I feel for Gallardo. No surgery for your MCL? That's on the outer part of your knee isn't it?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

NOOOOOOOO...this is a huge loss for the Brewers and I love Gallardo, just a terrible blow for a talented young pitcher
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Definitely something that you don't want to see, especially for a young'n like Gallardo. He'll be back, and he'll be ok. But it won't help the Brewers this year, that's for sure.

****!!! **** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!! !! and when he tore it, he even pitched another inning after he tore it! and what does ACL stand for.

seeing as though were talking about personal injuries...i broke my leg playing cricket last sunday...for some reason whern i broke my leg i felt really cold, doe any1 no why?

MLB ERA

ACL stands for Anterior Cruciate Ligament. It's the ligament in (i think the front) of the knee.

-And does your leg feel cold, or does your hand feel cold by comparison? Or, do you just feel cold in general?

my body felt a little colder, but it was mainly my leg

well my body and mainly my leg felt cold as soon as i broke it.

MLB ERA

interesting, your leg should feel warmer...because thats what happens when blood vessels are ruptured. But, if it feels cold, that could be bad. Maybe you should see a doctor?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast