Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

MLB ERA

Re: Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah I tore my ACL and then did it again after surgery trying to press too much then had surgery to clean an infection.I think I have done something now to my other knee after having all that pressure on it for so long. I was in a wheelchair for quite some time. I feel for Gallardo. No surgery for your MCL? That's on the outer part of your knee isn't it?
    Not a big enough tear for surgery, it healed on its own. If i had a clean tear it would have required surgery. I only partially tore it. I did it wrestling, and it was one of the most disgusting things i have ever seen (someone was videotaping my match, i saw it after). I will admit in a heartbeat, I got lucky in multiple ways not to have surgery. I'm sorry to hear about your surgeries, that's a real bummer. Good luck with that man.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    interesting, your leg should feel warmer...because thats what happens when blood vessels are ruptured. But, if it feels cold, that could be bad. Maybe you should see a doctor?
    If he broke his leg, I'm sure he saw a doctor
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I know, but that could be a sign of decreased blood flow.

MLB ERA

ACL stands for Anterior Cruciate Ligament. It's the ligament in (i think the front) of the knee.

-And does your leg feel cold, or does your hand feel cold by comparison? Or, do you just feel cold in general?
    Dr. Bonn is back.

1) The ACL is in the middle of the knee, it crosses like an X in front of the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) to hold the knee together. The MCL (medial cruciate ligament) is on the inside part of the knee, holding the knee from buckling inwards. Once you learn the names for each ligament, it's easy to remember where they are. Anterior (big word for "front"), Medial (middle), and posterior (back).

2) Your leg may have felt cold from the broken bone pressing against a blood vessel, preventing blood flow to your leg, thus making it feel cold. Did you have to have the bone set after you broke it?

interesting, your leg should feel warmer...because thats what happens when blood vessels are ruptured. But, if it feels cold, that could be bad. Maybe you should see a doctor?
    LMAO! i broke my leg...dont you think i have already seen a doctor!! I had to be put on a strecher, into a bed, into an ambulance and into hospital.

MLB ERA

I understand, but if you read the following posts, you would see that the coldness in your leg could be a sign of bad things. So, you should tell someone about that.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Dr. Bonn is back.

1) The ACL is in the middle of the knee, it crosses like an X in front of the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) to hold the knee together. The MCL (medial cruciate ligament) is on the inside part of the knee, holding the knee from buckling inwards. Once you learn the names for each ligament, it's easy to remember where they are. Anterior (big word for "front"), Medial (middle), and posterior (back).

2) Your leg may have felt cold from the broken bone pressing against a blood vessel, preventing blood flow to your leg, thus making it feel cold. Did you have to have the bone set after you broke it?
    I think so...Doctors talk alott of shit so i didn't really listen, i just welcomed the pain

By the way i guys know alott about these subjects...maybee too much, i applaud u and yes i did see a doctor, do u think i handeld it my self.

I understand, but if you read the following posts, you would see that the coldness in your leg could be a sign of bad things. So, you should tell someone about that.
    I suppost they acknowledged that themselves, when the paramedics put me onto the bed, i told them i felt cold in my leg so they gave me a blanket, i am pretty sure they passed that on to the doctor(s) And it dosn't feel cold anymore, just for the first 2 hours or so when i broke it.

MLB ERA

haha i definitely wasn't the one who questioned you consulting a doctor

lol i was at a cricket match for my club (embsay) and so some1 else caleld an ambulance when it happend.

MLB ERA

I understand. It must have come across differently then I intended, because I simply meant that a doctor should be made aware of the coldness you felt in your leg.

oh ok...well u guys hav helped alott anyways and have answerd my question thanks...

Ok this thread has got outta hand its gone from

Gllardo torn ACL----->People talking about tearing there ACLS------->to people telling people where the ACL is------->to me telling you about my broken leg-------> to me asking why it felt cold----->and finally, to the two doctors explaining it WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! lol outta hand thread.

Your nerves probably went hay wire from the immediate shock. Now you may continue.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

lol, it could be a lot worse. I've seen some ridiculous off topic threads....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I cant believe the luck my beloved Brewers have. Man. I just hope he heals ok.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast