Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn: MLB Edition (7-27)

MLB ERA
    of course it is...but then again there have been distractions in boston since day 1.

the guy is a vital part of the bosox offense. Manny is a career .313 hitter, .409 OBP and a 1.007 OPS. Not to mention 9 out of the last 10 years he's hit for over 100 rbi's, averaging 121 rbi's a season. if you lose this guy, you're losing about 2 or 3 runs a game. If I were the sox i would be trying to work things out with this guy...cause if he ends up going anywhere else, boston will be deeply regretful.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++ He's not going anywhere. He can't just get up and leave.

Next up..our very own Mr. Rogers, who's 20 game suspension is just that-a 20 game suspension, after an arbitration hearing. Guys, are you impressed by Selig's stance on the issue? Around thy Horn to Husker.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    For the first time in bajillion years, Bud did something smart. There was no possible way Rogers would get away for something so stupid. He even instigated another cameraman when he was getting fingerprinted. This guy has a lot of issues off the field and need to get them straightened out.

+++

Guybrush?

Rookie ERA
    Yes, I am impressed. Selig did the right thing here, in not backing down and shortening the suspension. Rogers was in the wrong and deserves his punishment. Now he has to deal with it.

++
    Hammer?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In one way, I am impressed... he didn't bend or break, and he kept the suspension intact. But I'm not impressed at the same time. This is not exactly the most remorseful man in the world. He attacks, shoves 2 cameraman. A week later he apologizes, then a few days after that nearly gets into it with another cameraman. It should've been larger based on the 2nd incident, it should've been increased based on the 2nd incident. However, that probably would've caused a major problem with the MLBPA, so in that respect, I'll give Bud his credit, good for him for keeping the suspension intact.

++++

Ghettochild, you may enlighten us now.

MLB ERA
    when was the last time a suspension was reduced by big bud? I'm not suprised at all. I expected nothing to happen during the appeal and i'm suprised actually that Kenny went through with it, as most players i've seen drop their appeals half way through and then just give up.

The fact is he did what he did. The media is fully entitled to do what they do, and if the players don't like it, well suck it up. Welcome to the big leagues, where you've got 40,000+ in the stands watching you not to mention the numbers of people on their couch. and stat boy of course.

+++ Although I don't watch Rangers' games.

Well, one round is in the books. WE now take a little time out, and when we return, we dim the lights for a little Buy or Sell.

Buy or Sell time..here is what's on sale:

Greg Maddux became the 9th pitcher to get 3000 Ks and 300 wins yesterday. Buy or sell 3000 Ks being more impressive than 300 wins. Around the Horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Buy. Whenever you're watching a game, you know you're thinking about the strikeouts that this guy is racking up and not how many wins this guy has. Currently there are 19 pitchers that have 300+ wins but only 14 that have 3000+ career k's. Strikeouts get you closer to the end of the game, wins just a reward.

+++

Hammer?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to sell. It takes 15 years at 200 K's per season to get to 3000, it takes 15 years at 20 wins per to get to 300. 20 wins is an elite number... 3 pitchers got there last year. 200 strikeouts is very doable, 9 people did it last year, and most of them were significantly over the number. It's easier to get 200+, than it is to get 20+, and it's awfully awfully hard to keep up 20 wins a season over 15 seasons for longevity purposes.

++++

Guybrush?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast