View Poll Results: Who's going to keep it up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royals

9 69.23%
  • Nationals

3 23.08%
  • Pirates

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, with these upstart teams...

MLB ERA

So, with these upstart teams...

Which team is most likely to sustain good play, and why?

We've seen great starts from the Pirates, Nationals, and Royals.

Give me some reasons why you think that one of these three will have a good season.

(Note when I say good season, I mean, let's say finishing .500)

MLB ERA

Re: So, with these upstart teams...

If any of them do, I think it will be the Nationals. I think they would need Milledge, Dukes, Johnson, Zimmerman, and Jesus Flores to all hit their potential, and get decent pitching, but at least they have a nucleus to work with

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Royals, as Bannister, Gordon, Butler and Greinke (BGBG) will carry them to a 90-win season.

MLB ERA

I think the Nationals have the best offense to keep this up. Zimmerman is a great leader, Nick Johnson is a very experienced and good veteran, and their outfield has a lot of young talent. now if their pitching could only not flush all that offense down the toilet....
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That's a very tough one...going by SOS, it's the Pirates. They play in a pretty bad division and in the NL, while the Nats are in a division with three good teams and the Royals are in the AL. Who's the best team? I'd say the Royals by a bit, especially if they can get full, relatively consistent seasons out of Meche, Bannister, Greinke. But I like the Pirates here because a couple guys (Bay) had awful seasons last year and should bounce back, and I feel that their new management knows what they're doing. Neal Huntington should be a very good GM. I think the Pirates have the best chance of finishing .500. Do I foresee any of these teams finishing there, no, but I think they can all win 75 to 80 games potentially.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    If any of them do, I think it will be the Nationals. I think they would need Milledge, Dukes, Johnson, Zimmerman, and Jesus Flores to all hit their potential, and get decent pitching, but at least they have a nucleus to work with
    Good point.

Not to mention that I think the new ballpark will add life to their team.

But the NL East is pretty beastly, there are 3 teams that easily can win the division or wildcard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Royals, as Bannister, Gordon, Butler and Greinke (BGBG) will carry them to a 90-win season.
    I agree. You forgot Meche. I honestly think that the Royals can expect huge sophomore seasons from Gordon and Butler, and with really solid and talented pitching, I love their chances.

Plus their division is overhyped. The ChiSox are weak, the Twins are rank, the Tigers honestly have inconsistent pitching (Bonderman, Rogers?) and are already facing the injury bug.

Can the Injuns return all of that success? I'm not sure.

There are a ton of question marks in that division, and that's why the Royals have such a good shot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Since I already declared them decent, Kansas City.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I think the Royals will finish ahead of the White Sox, rather easily. I think the Twins will be better than people expect and come on strong at the end of the year, but the Indians are legit, and the Tigers have pitching problems but are still good

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I think the Nationals have the best offense to keep this up. Zimmerman is a great leader, Nick Johnson is a very experienced and good veteran, and their outfield has a lot of young talent. now if their pitching could only not flush all that offense down the toilet....
    That's the problem...plus, I mean, in that division you NEED pitching
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    That's a very tough one...going by SOS, it's the Pirates. They play in a pretty bad division and in the NL, while the Nats are in a division with three good teams and the Royals are in the AL. Who's the best team? I'd say the Royals by a bit, especially if they can get full, relatively consistent seasons out of Meche, Bannister, Greinke. But I like the Pirates here because a couple guys (Bay) had awful seasons last year and should bounce back, and I feel that their new management knows what they're doing. Neal Huntington should be a very good GM. I think the Pirates have the best chance of finishing .500. Do I foresee any of these teams finishing there, no, but I think they can all win 75 to 80 games potentially.
    I love the Pirates, but they have by far the weakest lineup here...Nady and Bay are solid, but what else do they have? Sanchez is not a batting champ anymore, Nate McLouth, I mean hell, you can't rely on guys like that in another tough division.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Since I already declared them decent, Kansas City.
    Rich, Compelling, Brilliant.
    I think the Royals will finish ahead of the White Sox, rather easily. I think the Twins will be better than people expect and come on strong at the end of the year, but the Indians are legit, and the Tigers have pitching problems but are still good
    Twins have so many issues. They will be good in two years, but now? I don't like them.

Indians may face slumps this year, I mean, everyone produced all year and they still didn't make the WS...the Tigers are VASTLY overrated, they're aging and have players who are wildly inconsistent. I still think they will win the division barely over the Indians, but they aren't the powerhouse everyone dubs them to be.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    That's the problem...plus, I mean, in that division you NEED pitching
    I'm not saying they're gonna win the division, i'm saying they will "sustain good play," which was the question. That doesn't even mean winning games sometimes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Twins have so many issues. They will be good in two years, but now? I don't like them.
    Ewing Theory, my friend.

Indians may face slumps this year, I mean, everyone produced all year and they still didn't make the WS
    So they were only the second best team in baseball, not the best...just because they didn't make the WS doesn't mean much, they were one game away from it...plus Sizemore and Hafner should be better this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Gomez is on pace for eleventy billion steals, I think that makes them the winner in the Santana deal. Eh eh eh?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Gomez is on pace for eleventy billion steals, I think that makes them the winner in the Santana deal. Eh eh eh?
    Santana is on pace for eleventy JILLION espn blowjobs. mets win

MLB ERA

Ewing Theory, my friend.

So they were only the second best team in baseball, not the best...just because they didn't make the WS doesn't mean much, they were one game away from it...plus Sizemore and Hafner should be better this year.
    And Carmona and Sabathia won't be, odds are. Pitching matters more.
    Bullshit, I bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Santana is on pace for eleventy JILLION espn blowjobs. mets win
    Mets suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast