Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NY fans

There's a difference between defending an "innocent" player and defending a player who has a knack of coming up short in big spots.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    at Giambi being innocent. When he admitted it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    a little known fact about jeter. he loves muffins... cant get enough of them. and mrs giambi makes some mean ass muffins. so thats why he stood up for jason... arods mom makes the worst muffins in the world.

MLB ERA
    Surprised you guys actually started to cheer for him.

BTW for those who said its because of the money he makes he's going to get booed, your overated jeter is only making 1 milllion less than arod.

Oh yeah njunc based on your logic that arod hit into a DP to end the ALDS last year so you should boo him, then you guys should boo Jorge Posada all the time, he's the one who hit a comebacker to Josh Beckett for the final out of the 03 WS, so why not boo him?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Surprised you guys actually started to cheer for him.

BTW for those who said its because of the money he makes he's going to get booed, your overated jeter is only making 1 milllion less than arod.

Oh yeah njunc based on your logic that arod hit into a DP to end the ALDS last year so you should boo him, then you guys should boo Jorge Posada all the time, he's the one who hit a comebacker to Josh Beckett for the final out of the 03 WS, so why not boo him?
    The "overrated" jeter just might win the MVP this year and he was a key to FOUR World Series Titles. When you call him overrated you show you don't really pay attention to how guys actually play but instead just look at a stat sheet. if you want a great fantasy player ARod's your man but if you want a winner and a real great player then Jeter is the logical choice. as for Posada, I have been very cirtical of him in recent years b/c he has been bad, I didn't want him back this year BUT he bounced back and has had his best season in a long time.

My "booing" of ARod(I don't boo ever but I am critical of players when they deserve it) wasn't b/c of his failure in the 9th of the ALDS last year, that was part of it but he was atrocious that entire series(he didn't even have an RBI!) and he failed in clutch situations for us alot his 1st 2 years. hopefully this year he does the opposite and has a poor reg season but great postseason then he'll earn my praise. I care more about october than him hitting a 3 run Hr in the 9th w/ the Yanks up 7 runs.

MLB ERA
    A-Rod just started making solid contact. Usually your Hall of Famer does that the first work of the season.

And as far as Jeter being overrated, look at the stats ****bag. He's second in hitting and is an intrical part in all this teams success. Go check out his Gold Gloves. So he hits, fields, runs, throws, and is an amazing team leader. Since when has that been overrated ?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    The "overrated" jeter just might win the MVP this year and he was a key to FOUR World Series Titles. When you call him overrated you show you don't really pay attention to how guys actually play but instead just look at a stat sheet. if you want a great fantasy player ARod's your man but if you want a winner and a real great player then Jeter is the logical choice. as for Posada, I have been very cirtical of him in recent years b/c he has been bad, I didn't want him back this year BUT he bounced back and has had his best season in a long time.

My "booing" of ARod(I don't boo ever but I am critical of players when they deserve it) wasn't b/c of his failure in the 9th of the ALDS last year, that was part of it but he was atrocious that entire series(he didn't even have an RBI!) and he failed in clutch situations for us alot his 1st 2 years. hopefully this year he does the opposite and has a poor reg season but great postseason then he'll earn my praise. I care more about october than him hitting a 3 run Hr in the 9th w/ the Yanks up 7 runs.
    he's still overated doesn't matter what he does, and it doesn't help his cause when he has/had great protection like giambi, matsui, damon, arod and ect. BTW it wasn't because of jeter you guys won all those WS, he had great players around him

If your going to criticize Arod, then based on that you should definetly start criticizing Jorge Posada he got the last out in the 03 WS, why dont you criticize him? Why the double standard? Whats the logic behind criticizing someone in OCT but not from apr-sept? They get paid to play in the regular season am i not correct? So whatever they do in OCT is just extra credit. But if your going to criticize arod, then why not jeter who been hitting 200 against boston in the 03-04 alcs? Oh let me guess "he" won those world series thats why, jeter's been to the playoffs almost every single year he has been in the majors so obviously he's going to win some, unlike arod who has been to the playoffs only 4 times in his 13th year.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    A-Rod just started making solid contact. Usually your Hall of Famer does that the first work of the season.

And as far as Jeter being overrated, look at the stats ****bag. He's second in hitting and is an intrical part in all this teams success. Go check out his Gold Gloves. So he hits, fields, runs, throws, and is an amazing team leader. Since when has that been overrated ?
    they way your talking is like he's been hitting 200 the whole year, he's hitting 280 29 hrs 99 RBI and one point he led the majors in GW RBI

Jeter will always be overated, plus it doesn't help his cause that he only started winning those gold gloves when arod moved to 3b. Plus if your overated Jeter was a true leader he himself would have switched to 3b and let arod play SS, but he didn't because he's so egotistical.

MLB ERA
    That's not true at all you idiot, Cashman spoke to A-Rod and said he would only take him if he moved to third, because Jeter is the face of our franchise. And how can someone who produces and backs up all the claims made about him be overrated?

As far as A-Rod, don't tell me he was playing well, he would go 3-4 in the games against the D-Rays we'd win 12-4, then go 0-4 against the Red Sox. And his 3 hits against the D-Rays would be ground balls that split the gap. He hadn't tattooed any balls until this week, all his homeruns were fly balls the park couldn't contain, not line drive bombs. You don't see anywhere near the amount of A-Rod that I do, so until you do, don't tell me how he's played all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    That's not true at all you idiot, Cashman spoke to A-Rod and said he would only take him if he moved to third, because Jeter is the face of our franchise. And how can someone who produces and backs up all the claims made about him be overrated?

As far as A-Rod, don't tell me he was playing well, he would go 3-4 in the games against the D-Rays we'd win 12-4, then go 0-4 against the Red Sox. And his 3 hits against the D-Rays would be ground balls that split the gap. He hadn't tattooed any balls until this week, all his homeruns were fly balls the park couldn't contain, not line drive bombs. You don't see anywhere near the amount of A-Rod that I do, so until you do, don't tell me how he's played all year.
    Exactly.

And we as fans are not as critical of Jorge Posada because he just flat out is not as talented as A-Rod. He does what he can with the talent he has, and comes up with big hits often enough that he fulfills his role on the team very well. I'm still critical of Posada though, mostly because when there is a man on third in a double play situation, he doesn't change his approach to hit a fly ball, instead trying to hit a line drive which leads to more double plays than he needs to hit into.

We are critical of A-Rod because he is widely considered the best hitter of our time, if not all time, and yet he disappears when his team needs him. Sure he comes up with big hits, he's incredibly talented, but if you compare his average with RISP to Jeter's this year, there is no comparison: A-Rod: .285, Jeter: .390. Winning just does not follow A-Rod, he signed a $252 million contract with Texas and it practically ruined the franchise. And to prove it, A-Rod's close and late batting average? A whopping .197! He is turning it around lately and I am happy for him, but A-Rod won't be a true yankee until he carries the team through the playoffs and to a world series championship. That is the standard in New York, we love Derek Jeter because he's been there, he's done that, and he is clutch as hell, especially when the balance of a game rests on his shoulders.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

UUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM.......... I would still take A-Rod on the Brewers... He can come over and suck for us!!! And since the Yankees don't care so much about money and you know they would love to dump A-Rod off, then trade him to the Brewers and pay most of his contract!!! I think that sounds like an awesome deal for both teams!!!! hahahahaha... Just trying to add a little humor

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Looshius
    Exactly.

And we as fans are not as critical of Jorge Posada because he just flat out is not as talented as A-Rod. He does what he can with the talent he has, and comes up with big hits often enough that he fulfills his role on the team very well. I'm still critical of Posada though, mostly because when there is a man on third in a double play situation, he doesn't change his approach to hit a fly ball, instead trying to hit a line drive which leads to more double plays than he needs to hit into.

We are critical of A-Rod because he is widely considered the best hitter of our time, if not all time, and yet he disappears when his team needs him. Sure he comes up with big hits, he's incredibly talented, but if you compare his average with RISP to Jeter's this year, there is no comparison: A-Rod: .285, Jeter: .390. Winning just does not follow A-Rod, he signed a $252 million contract with Texas and it practically ruined the franchise. And to prove it, A-Rod's close and late batting average? A whopping .197! He is turning it around lately and I am happy for him, but A-Rod won't be a true yankee until he carries the team through the playoffs and to a world series championship. That is the standard in New York, we love Derek Jeter because he's been there, he's done that, and he is clutch as hell, especially when the balance of a game rests on his shoulders.
    Good job no wonder why you yankee fans dont know shit. He signed the contract because thats what texas offered him, hell who in there right mind wouldn't sign that contract? Plus he even asked texas that would they still be able to spend money to be competitive they said yeah.

You seen jeters avg in the past 2 alcs? 2 ****ing hundred, no you guys will suck his dick till you die.

MLB ERA
    So what do you expect arod to be demanding and say i want to play SS, obviously he didn't, but you should have because he's more deserving of a SS than jeter is you crackhead. Arod got mvps, gold gloves, unlike your overated Jeter who didn't get gold gloves untill arod moved to 3b.

Hitting 280 and leading/being tied for majority of the categories at his position(3b) does show he's been playing well.

AAA ERA
    he's still overated doesn't matter what he does, and it doesn't help his cause when he has/had great protection like giambi, matsui, damon, arod and ect. BTW it wasn't because of jeter you guys won all those WS, he had great players around him
    Does ARod not have the same protection? Why can't he come through in big spots? I'll take the "overrated" Jeter over ARod, you can have ARod and his fantasy #s- I'll take the winner.

If your going to criticize Arod, then based on that you should definetly start criticizing Jorge Posada he got the last out in the 03 WS, why dont you criticize him? Why the double standard? Whats the logic behind criticizing someone in OCT but not from apr-sept?
    He also got the hit that tied Game 7 of the ALCS, did ARod get any big hits like that for us against LAA? once again i was not on ARod b/cof his season ending DP it was a clumination of failing most of the year and getting ZERO RBI, multiple errors and baserunning blunders that cost us the ALDS vs. LAA.

But if your going to criticize arod, then why not jeter who been hitting 200 against boston in the 03-04 alcs? Oh let me guess "he" won those world series thats why, jeter's been to the playoffs almost every single year he has been in the majors so obviously he's going to win some, unlike arod who has been to the playoffs only 4 times in his 13th year.
    Jeter gets a passs b/c he's come through so many times. Even in bad playoff years like '01 he made the big defensive plays against oak in the LDS and hit a walkoff HR in tGame 4 of the WS, in '03 he got the rally started against Boston in game 7. he still does things when he struggles unlike ARod who was the worst player on the field during last year's ALDS.

they way your talking is like he's been hitting 200 the whole year, he's hitting 280 29 hrs 99 RBI and one point he led the majors in GW RBI
    GW RBi is such a joke stat, you can get a GW RBI in the 1st inning. look up his late game pressure stats. He's been embarrassing.

Jeter will always be overated, plus it doesn't help his cause that he only started winning those gold gloves when arod moved to 3b. Plus if your overated Jeter was a true leader he himself would have switched to 3b and let arod play SS, but he didn't because he's so egotistical.
    Why would the captian of the NY Yankees, the man who was a key to winning 4 World Championships and himself a future HOF SS have to move for ARod?

Arod got mvps, gold gloves, unlike your overated Jeter who didn't get gold gloves untill arod moved to 3b.
    ARod has MVPs(didn't deserve it last year), GG's and all the individual awards he can get but Jeter has WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS! FOUR of them! That's more important to Yankee fans than meaningless fantasy #s.

ARod is the Peyton manning of Baseball, Jeter is the Tom Brady. Give me the winner over the fantasy guys any day.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I personally think that both players are great and it is a great situation to be in... Everyone has an off year every now and then.... Lets cut the guy some slack... Obviously it is not hurting the Yankees that much this year anyways... So, A-Rod is human, not a God, oh how reality sets in... It is truly hard to feel sorry for Yankees fans when your best player may not be having his typical year, when you are still in first place.... I think then only thing Yankee fans should be concerned with is getting the game to Rivera in the post season..... If that happens everyone knows things will be good for you guys, that is truly your problem, middle relief. And in the post season, you need a bullpen...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast