Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: NY fans

Why isn't this turd in the smack forum?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    It isn't a ****ing excuse. Giambi sucks, but I don't care if he strikes out 4 times against the DRays, because he'll hit a 3 run bomb against the Red Sox when we're down 2. ARods the other way around. And I boo him when he sucks, cheer him when he does good. Potential is the easiest way to explain it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fek
    We did boo Giambi...As a matter of fact, when me and Dry went to a game with a bunch of other friends. The stadium was chanting "STEEEEEROIDS" during his at bats
    sweet
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

cool... you go... if the turd comment was directed to me thanks.. I appreciate the comment.... that means you are listening and we are discussing viewpoints... If it wasn't directed to me, I am still enjoying this discussion.. I dont consider this stuff smack... I call it opinion... And I gots lots of them too....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

that was my point... booing, chant but just remember that when A-Rod is doing his typical performances.... Give him the love he deserves then..and not sarcastic love... Jeter love....

MLB ERA
    No one gets Jeter love.

But we'll give him as much as we can to a purple lipped bastard.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Oh come on now... You know you want to because that means he is helping out your beloved Yankees... and you know down deep in that Yankee fan heart of yours that A-Rod deserves the kudos.... Damn, now I need a tissue cause I am all choked up... OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS.... I didn't mean to say choke, I meant I could cry because I am so happy inside....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey thanks Dry1313.... You're all right... I don't care what those Red Sox fans say about ya'................. hahahahaha j/k Thought I would try and add a little rival rivalry love at ya'... But thanks again

The New York fans are spoiled with success. My favorite year of baseball was 1996, and I have loved Mariano, Jeter, and Bernie since then. I can't argue with success under pressure, and players who rise to the occasion and accell in the spotlight of the playoffs and the world are the ones I respect most. Those teams of the late 90s were the ones I loved, and they weren't loaded with superstars, it was just roll players who in a lot of ways overachieved. Paul O'neill, Tino Martinez, Scott Brosius, these are the type of players fans love, because they are just gutsy as hell and play to the best of their ability when it matters most. I want a player who embraces the challenge of a huge situation where everything is on the line.

That's why A-Rod hasn't won the fans confidence. Last year he had a great season, nobody can deny that. He really was the MVP, the best player on a team that made the playoffs in a lot of ways because of his ability to produce runs. He helps his team with the bat just because of his immense talent, but you and I know when it comes down to a big spot with the game on the line, he is not the guy you want at the plate. He doesn't rise to the occasion: he gets overwhelmed by it. He overthinks and doesn't trust his instincts, ends up taking pitches he should drive and chasing bad balls, he doesn't look comfortable or confident at the plate. I'd much rather have Jeter up in the same spot, because he'll shorten up and try to drive the ball the other way, and most importantly make the pitcher throw a strike he can hit and not help him out in any way. It ends up being a tough at bat, and rarely does he get out without seeing 6 or 7 pitches. He just battles. A-Rod doesn't inspire that confidences and with good reason does not recieve the same praise, especially in the shadow of a guy who always does.

A lot of the reason for the boos this year was the shear fact that the yankees were injury ridden, losing 3 great hitters for at the very least a month and a half (Cano) and in two cases gone for the season. Somebody needed to step up in the middle of the order, and A-Rod simply did not. He struggled with the bat and put up weak attempts in clutch situations, and as a result the team was barely holding on in the divisional race. It took players like Melky Cabrera and Bernie Williams to step in and pick up the slack, and not to mention Jeter, who has gotten a hit 4 out of every 10 times he's up with runners in scoring position, helping the team immensely.

The major gripe is that A-Rod is by far the highest paid player in baseball and yet does not have what it takes to carry a team. He's certainly talented enough to pad his own stats, you can't deny that, but I'd rather have a hard-nosed player like Brosius at third this year than A-Rod, especially come playoff time, because roll-players win championships, not "superstars" who don't know how to bear down when it counts and play above, not below, their natural ability.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    that was my point... booing, chant but just remember that when A-Rod is doing his typical performances.... Give him the love he deserves then..and not sarcastic love... Jeter love....
    When he earns it he'll get it, in Ny you don't earn by being Mr. May you earn it in October.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ah... I thought we were suppose to root for our teams and their players the whole year!!! Maybe that is what I have been doing wrong my whole life... I will have to try that, maybe my Brewers fortunes will change then... Cool!

MLB ERA
    They're misguided. But booing is at least voicing your opinion. That's better then ignoring the bad stuff.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

and cheering is not voicing your opinion in the positive.. please give me a break....

MLB ERA
    Dude, read what I wrote. It's better to boo, then not do anything at all IMO, because at least you're voicing your opinion.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ah, ok then... my bad. misread it. then it is ok to boo too!!!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast