Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zito to the Giants

MLB ERA
    Yankees didn't set the bar by giving Pettitte 16m? RedSox didn't set the bar by giving Matsuzaka 100m+(50m to talk)?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Each sports salaries have their reasons why they are teh way they are. Football has to carry 53 players, with only 8 home games. Baseball has a 25 man roster-81 home games, hockey and basketball have what 41 home games a year with even smaller rosters. So as we can all see, baseball salaries can be higher per player because of schedule lengths. In all pro sports, the salaries could all be a flat salary with incentives, then I firmly believe that the intensity and quality of play would increase, cause we are all driven by money. If we already a the majority of our money, then what is the incentive? Plus I firmly believe the fans could accept the salaries a little better because the athlete earned it!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    To get back on the subject at hand, I love this move. Barry is an ace and in the NL his numbers will be better. We just the most dependable in the majors who just happens to be a lefty with a career 3.55 ERA. This allows the Giants to trade some pitching on down the road once the old timers leave. Zito, Cain, Morris, Lowry make for a decent rotation but I like the 1-2 punch of Zito and Cain. Lowry was injured all of last year and Morris was pitching with a broken rib so hopefully their numbers will return to normal. Giants had to sign a star to replace another Barry and they did it. After missing out on Soriano, Lee and Manny, the Giants had to do this.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I agree, overall, I like the signing also. Their starting staff is pretty deep. I still feel they need another big bat in the lineup, maybe a #6 or #7 hitter as well. A Joe Crede-like bat. Someone who produces big numbers at the bottom of the lineup!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ryan Klesko doesn't do it for ya brewersfan?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    uummm... Maybe 5 years ago, but the better question here is, does he do it for you? I think we all know the answer here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123