Thread: How long till Miley is fired?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How long till Miley is fired?

If at all.

I am saying about 2 weeks. I think O'Brien was expecting this easier stretch to boost our record which it has not and someone has to be the sacrificial lamb. I am not saying Miley isn't deserving of being fired but he is going to take the hit for O'Briens lack of knowledge this offseason.

So do you think the axe is coming soon or not?

MLB ERA
    i was up in cincy when boone was fired.

i'm hoping i'm there when miley gets the boot
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    I think it will happen at the end of the next homestand... next Sunday or Monday.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

It could very well happen this upcoming Tuesday. My wife and I were discussing this on the way home from Barnes & Noble. I told my wife that if the Reds lost today, Miley would be canned. If they won, then if he had a losing record over any 10 game batch, he would be canned. He's done, and thank goodness. The man has no clue how to run a Major League ballclub, where the best players are supposed to play all the time, unless they are tired or injured. He doesn't even have the desire to motivate this team. He's already thrown in the towel, he did that weeks ago. You can see it on his face.

Maybe as soon as tomorrow.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I did tape the game today (much to skip forward through and forget) anyway Allen was on FSN talking and it kind of changed my opinion on this. He really didnt act like Miley was the root of the problem (I know he wouldnt come out and say that even if he belives it but he didnt make any gestures to that thought.) He just kepy saying how June is essential and this will determine much of the direction. Obviously his butt is on the line but I wonder if they are going to give him more time than we are led to believe. Allen is a guy you can't read though so he could be lying through his teeth.

MLB ERA
    This "one-day trip" just seemed very odd to me. Something is very fishy and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see stuff happening as soon as tomorrow(Monday).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

i doubt it will be today, but if they lose to the drays, that's got to be it. i think it will happen before baltimore if we lose the first two. I just hope that when it happens the coaches have to go too.

What about oester?
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    changes are going to happen.. but I dont expect anything more then a roster move(which is going to have to happen because of Pena).. Allen doesn't have the balls to make any real changes, so he is just as much the root of the problem as DanO and Miley

MLB ERA
    I think some are going to be surprised when major changes really do happen. If it doesn't happen today, it will happen soon.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I know you do not like giving out info if you aren't for sure about it CRF..... but knowing me, would I like the changes you are anticipating? Come on, throw me a bone.

MLB ERA
    Tony Pena.

Just planting the seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I know you do not like giving out info if you aren't for sure about it CRF..... but knowing me, would I like the changes you are anticipating? Come on, throw me a bone.
    Well, I think you probably would like what I think could happen. The main thing is, I sense the changes could be more extensive than one might think they'd be.