Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Kruk on BB Tonight

i agree, that comment is wishful thinking more than anything else. Gammons seems to think the reds are a lower class franchise like everyone else at ESPN, but he loves Dunn. The obvious solution for him is to propegate rumors that Dunn is going elsewhere.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    I've stated many times that Gammons just tries to stir things up. I've known it for several years. The guy only says positive things about teams/players/GM's that he likes personally.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Well, Gammons' idea isn't realistic but it is possible. Look at Hank Blalock. He's one of the better players at his position and he signed a 5 year/15 million extension.

Kruk should stick to farting on TV.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I saw Dibble is now on Best Damn.... do they just trade their rejects or what? The really funny thing about Kruk was how worked up he was getting, I thought he was about to have a stroke. That was some pointless rant.

Yep mission it looks like it kinda freaked out the others on the show too.lol

MLB ERA
    I certainly wouldn't be suprised if Kruk did have a stroke. The guy clearly isn't very healthy.

And mission, you know it's really "Best Sports Show Period. That's the smiling side approach to saying the name.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

I'm glad that someone else noticed that George Grand never says Damn. It cracks me up everytime i hear it, it's one of the reasons i like him as much as i do.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I love kruk and his passion for this game. He doesn't hold what he thinks back. He blows the Phillies too much but so what? Gammons blows the Red Sox. And all of ESPN blows the Yanks and Red Sox. Kruk will talk smack about someone or something because he feels it is a disgrace. If someone is only hitting .234 when they are a career .312 hitter, he will say something as he should. I like the guy because he is what I want out of a ball player, someone who doesn't take his shit too seriously.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I think kruk's steel nut may have some trace amounts of lead or mercury in it and it's making him unbalanced

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    I'm glad that someone else noticed that George Grand never says Damn. It cracks me up everytime i hear it, it's one of the reasons i like him as much as i do.

Some like that he doesn't say it, and others don't. I respect him for it, because he is showing his convictions and beliefs, and I don't think the word is needed there anyway.

Heh, I'm watching BT, and it's Ravech/Bowa/Olney.

Buster Olney is a ridiculously refreshing voice. He's a stat geek on the show (sort of), and he brings the facts. It complements Bowa using anecdotal evidence well.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Word. I like Olney a good deal. Provides a pretty knowledgable insight to the show.

AA ERA
    The entire Baseball Tonight crew are pathetic. Besides Yankees and Red Sox fans, why would anyone waste his or her precious time watching Baseball Tonight. The whole show stinks and the guys who do the show are horrible. SportsCenter is even worse.

When I was a kid, I love watching Baseball Tonight. Ever since I got cable TV back three years ago, I got to watch Baseball Tonight and it amazes me how the analysts are so lousy.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Buster Olney is a ridiculously refreshing voice. He's a stat geek on the show (sort of), and he brings the facts. It complements Bowa using anecdotal evidence well.
    Olney has been awesome as I cited in the main baseball board. I hope Baseball Tonight used him a lot more. ESPN never replaced Bobby Valentine when he decided to leave for greener pastures in Japan. Kruk is allegedly his replacement, but he stinks. I rather see Olney on Baseball Tonight a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12