Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Umm...06/06 Game Thread vs. Cards

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Umm...06/06 Game Thread vs. Cards

Well at least we are here now.

This team is flat out dissapointing every night. It is hard to really have much of a discussion anymore. How many times can we say that Narron sucks or this team just can't find a way to win?

I am tired of seeing this team lose, but after hearing Paul Daugherty interview Krivsky, I understand that there is an excuse for everything. I don't like Daugherty much at all, but he did put Krivsky on the spot the entire interview. If you haven't heard it you can check out the podcast here.

700WLW Cincinnati, Reds radio, Bengals radio, Cincinnati News, Cincinnati Weather, Traffic

MLB ERA

I like Daugherty.

Very talented writer (ranked in the top 5 nationally many times by the AP sports editors...and No. 2 at least once) and does his job of creating controversy quite well

I have his book "Fair Game," which is a collection of his best columns and features. Some gems in there, including a few from the '90 World Series, etc.

I can't wait to listen to that interview in a bit as I obviously didn't hear it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

By the way; anyone notice that the Cards are starting to approach the Brewers quickly from the south?

They could be in 1st place fairly soon at this rate.

Maybe their demise and supposed lack of talent this year were overrated a bit? And they have gotten back into it without Carpenter.

They are starting to seem more and more like last year's team, except they might come swooping up instead of gliding down like they did near the end of last year.

Jocketty Methodology.

Be very jealous.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The Cards are catching up because they are playing the Reds right now. The Brew Crew will get there chance soon.

Man it sucks to have to talk about my team this way. But it doesn't make it any less true.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I see them getting back over .500 and competing with the Brewers... but I still like the Brewers. Obviously they've cooled down while the Cardinals have heated up. And being a young team like they are, the slumps are expected and something to be of concern if you are predicting the division winner but I still like them on paper better and they still have pieces in the farm to use as trade bait to get their needed parts. Nonetheless, the NL Central could be a good fight even if it's among teams barely over .500 come October 1st. The Cardinals are winning in spite of their injuries, using relievers as starters and having some step up in a big way. It's obvious too many counted them out way too soon. And as much credit you have to give to Jocketty, if Dave Duncan can keep that staff pitching to keep them in games, you have to give a big hand to that man.

MLB ERA

Oh yeah, Duncan definitely gets credit.

But Jocketty implemented his "peaks" system effectively yet again it would appear.

I can definitely see them getting it done again.

Maybe someday the Reds won't be light years worse than them?

Oh, would anyone else NOT be surprised if they send McBeth down when Bailey comes up instead of DFA Stanton or sending Coffey or Majewski back down? He actually has talent but hasn't been used until tonight by Narron.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yep I guarantee McBeth is gone. Krivsky stated that Livingston was sent down on account of McBeth because he wanted there to be help for the bullpen. Which would make sense if Narron were to use McBeth ever.

MLB ERA

While Stanton, Majewski and the current version of Coffey sit on the roster and pitch in key spots over and over and over again.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Stanton should have been gone ages ago. Last 10 IP, he has 13 hits given up. Dude is getting raked all over the field. Yet still has a job.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be nice to have a job where if you make so much money, regardless of performance, you're untouchable? Of course people still get contract based jobs, but not most.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Sign me up. Especially a job where you are playing the greatest sport in the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123