Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Astros at Reds 4/19/2007

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Astros at Reds 4/19/2007

So I guess it's safe to say that accounting homework was a lot more fun than the game tonight?

I was tempted to log on and deviate from my studies, but when I was going to, the bleeding started to happen and I turned off the TV.

MLB ERA

Yeah, be pleased, mission.

You missed the Narron Nonsense.

That was one of the most sickening games from so many fronts I can't even describe it well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's funny, Narron prior to the season kept talking about how we need to win the games we're supposed to... to not let them slip away and yet that's been so many of our losses to this point.

MLB ERA

Yeah, and he doesn't help when he pulls Dunn from the game and PH Castro with Conine and others still on the bench in a two-run game in the 9th.

Ahhh.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The 25 man roster needs to be Narron-proofed if seems, ie no one on the roster of even slightly questionable talent, thus his rate of game deciding mistakes should be default go down.

I like Narron the person and I think he has value to a team in smaller role, but I really don't get how this team doesn't understand how much more vital the right coach is for a team that doesn't overwhelm you with talent from 1-25.

MLB ERA

EXACTLY.

We can't afford a bunch of little mistakes or one major mistake, because our margin for error is not large.

MLB ERA

Jerry apparently has "explanations" for at least a couple of the crazy decisions tonight:

"--Bronson Arroyo asked to come out of the game. "I was more tired than usual," he said. Arroyo didn't have a good change-up or breaking ball so he threw a lot of fastballs. He said he would stayed in if it was 4-2. But he thought the bullpen could get six outs with a five-run lead.

--Juan Castro pinch-hit in the ninth because Ken Griffey Jr. was sent home because of the flu. Jeff Conine is still hurt apparently. And Jerry Narron was saving Javy Valentin until the Reds got a someone on, which they never did."

-John Fay

I don't buy the "saving" Valentin part though. If Dunn had stayed in as he should have, he wouldn't have had the same issues.

So basically only the Arroyo getting pulled and the reason behind no Griffey or Conine was answered. Still several mind bogglers.

C you there
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Well I wasn't indicting them for their pitching.

I was talking about the team's record in games started by them.

We can't be losing 4 or 5 of 6 of their starts on a routine basis.
    didn't say you were :P just correcting stats you stated 5 out of 6 games

but it's 4 out of 6 anyways agreed on what you said, just had to get the correct stat up there

AA ERA

This team is a disgrace. If you get ahead like they do most of their games i dont understand why they can't just close it up. This bullpen has been really bad this week and Narron better fix it before it gets even more out of hand We cant continue to throw out the same RP every night because they get tired and suck even more. Last night was just terrible. I loved the offense but pitching needs to step up like usual. Arroyo should be 3-0 right now.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Agreed, Arroyo should be beside himself right now. I am surprised we have not heard an angered response from him.

I truly hope that Bray and Majewski can come in healthy and pitch well for us.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011