View Poll Results: Who will Win the N.L. Central?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cincinnati Reds

3 15.79%
  • Chicago Cubs

3 15.79%
  • Houston Astros

0 0%
  • Milwaukee Brewers

7 36.84%
  • Pittsburgh Pirates

0 0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

6 31.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who will Win the N.L. Central?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Until there is a team to take down the Cards, that is my pick. But the gap is shut now and any team in this division can catch the right breaks, they could sneak in. As a huge Brewers fan, that is where my heart, hope, and belief is, but til they can prove to stay healthy and win better on the road and not be such a streaky team, then I fell they are the most dangerous team in the Central, NL, and dare I say the MLB? They are deep and have loads of talent, meshing the talent and keeping Jenkins.Mench happy could be a distraction. But I know the cure, just WIN BABY! Cubs, Not enough pitching, Pirates, they were a good team in the 2nd half (they are my dark horse team), Reds played very well last year. Kept waiting for them to fall, and they were right there at the end. (So they have pennant race experience on their side), Astros have offense now and not enough pitching. That is why they play the games. In recent years, there has been a team that has come out of nowhere. I see that team being in the NL Central this year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I had to go with the Cardinals. They have a the best pitcher in the NL and the best player in the game. Rolen, Edmonds, Eckstein, Molina and Encarnacion are all coming back from the championship team. Wainwright joining the rotation is huge. Duncan might be able to work wonders with Reyes and Wells like he did Suppan and Weaver. They definitely have the depth on the bench with Taguchi, Duncan, Spiezio (the Demon), Miles and Rodriguez. And let's not forget the addition of Kennedy who will help defensively and probably offensively.

The Cubs and Brewers have just as good of a shot as this division will be a tight one. The Cubs have a lot of pop now in that lineup and have a good bullpen with Wood, Eyre and Howry setting up Dempster who isn't great but gets the job done much like Borowski did.

The Brewers have Sheets, Capuano, Suppan and Bush make for a good rotation. That offense when healthy is a dangerous one and with pieces to trade on down the line, they could really help themselves.

AAA ERA
    If this thread jinxes the Brewers in any way I blame Mr. D!

C you there
    MLB ERA
    lol Blondie you know you love me

MLB ERA
    I've picked the Cardinals, because of their experience, but the Brewers will go as far as their pitching will take them. They have a tremendous offense and marginal defense, but their pitching is the question mark.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I actually like the Brewers pitching this year! I hope they stay healthy. I would like to the Brewers try and get a higher quality starter instead of using Vargas in the #5 spot!! Move him back to the bullpen. Use him for long relief. I hear that Turnbow has looked better this spring and that makes me happy. Kepp Wise and Cappallan helathy is a key as well. I still have questions on the offense, cause we have too many what if's in the lineup. Health is going to be a key. Hopefully Hardy will stay healthy and be a good #2 or #8 hitter in the lineup.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
    lol Blondie you know you love me

Not if you jinx my team I don't

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12