Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Kearns, Felo, and Wags traded to the Nats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    deal kind of makes sense. How bout LaRue/Jr/ Wood for Crawford/ RHP Chad Orvella. deal.
    I wonder how stoned TB's management would have to be to do that
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcm90
    or do wood and larue for carl?

yes but doesnt Crawford Play CF? Get rid of Jr's contract let him soak in the sun in TB.

Chad Orvella http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=435378

i would love if the reds got him. but hey im no GM.

Rookie ERA
    no, i like jr, though, i mean hes our best hitter, i could see a lineup of this

Crawford rf
    Freel ss
    Griffey
    Dunn
    and so on

I have to wonder how they'd get Carl Crawford without trading at least one of those three guys or Homer Bailey

Rookie ERA
    Why is this stickied?

Because it's a major trade and it happened today.

MLB ERA
    I understand it's a defense mechanism in fans of a team to accept any new deal as good, and justify it as such, but some of the reasons being thrown around that say this deal is good are ridiculous. It also makes me wonder how Mission can be so level-headed about it.

As for a little analysis of the players involved since Reds fans may not know them:
    Majewski's WHIP is far higher than his ERA suggest, his K/BB ratio is pretty weak, but he's generally a good pitcher who works out of the jams he gets into and manages to be a good arm out of the pen.
    Bill Bray is fantastic and I love him, couldn't you guys have asked for Saul Rivera instead? He's a great prospect, and has virtually no problems ether in deceptive numbers or in actual bad pitching.
    Royce Clayton is going to do what he did in Washington - rob more deserving infielders of playing time. Ryan Freel, Rich Aurilia, Brandon Phillips, even Brendan Harris are going to lose appearances to this guy and it's just not going to be worth it.
    Harris is a decent hitter, can play shortstop... kind of well, better suited at third/second (whoo for logjams), has some pop but not really much, he's got a weak eye but he hits for contact well enough. He'll probably end up being a "nice guy to have" on the bench.
    Daryl Thompson is going to be, at best, a #3 starter, but projects more as an improved Eric Milton, around league average pitching while eating up innings.

A nice package for the Reds to receive, considering their needs, but man, I can't understand why they gave up what they did to get it, since it's not that talented or overwhelming.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Level-headed? I've cussed out the Reds to several friends already and also cussed out two who tried to justify it. I am don't have the patience to type a rant out on here. I am really scared of what will happen in the next two weeks and if Dunn starts to get rumored, I know I am get my heart broken.

MLB ERA
    felo is under boras and he's going to get an assload

kearns is due in for about 7 mil methinks
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Again, tonight is an example to why this trade had to happen.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Level-headed? I've cussed out the Reds to several friends already and also cussed out two who tried to justify it. I am don't have the patience to type a rant out on here. I am really scared of what will happen in the next two weeks and if Dunn starts to get rumored, I know I am get my heart broken.
    Comparatively level-headed.

Anger is more sane than blind obedience.

I like the trade, the Reds knew they needed pitching and they got it. Kearns and Lopez are solid major leaguers but we have competent replacements for them. We need relief help bad, just look at this game. We're still going to score lots of runs.

So, Royce Clayton is your competent replacement. Congratulations.

And I suppose Denorfia will provide that pop Kearns did too.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    So, Royce Clayton is your competent replacement. Congratulations.

And I suppose Denorfia will provide that pop Kearns did too.
    Write it down. I think Denorfia will put up numbers not much lower than Kearns' over the next several years and frankly watching him tonight, I like his defense better.

He is VERY quick at getting to balls and as great as Kearns' arm was, Denorfia's is also very strong and I think might be more accurate than Kearns' arm. My personal scouting report on him was again a good one. I really like him and I could see his career OPS getting up to near Kearns current career mark. And he turns 26 tomorrow. Kearns turned 26 in May, so he's actually a couple months older.

Even though he was (1-5) tonight, he hit the ball hard a couple of times and in two of the AB he didn't get on, worked the count to six or seven pitches or so. He could have easily had another hit or two. He did have a few hits in his very short stint earlier in the year, so his numbers are quite high right now.

As for Royce Clayton, I would never make a claim about him being competent. He is the worst part of this whole deal, IMO, because Narron is going to play him as much as possible.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast