Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kearns, Felo, and Wags traded to the Nats!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If the have the stones to get Hughes for Griffey, I will welcome Hughes to town and then promptly change my allegiance to the Evil Empire.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    As long as it isn't Dunn for Hughes or Pavano, I wouldn't care. Griff is another story and adding him for Hughes sounds just like the type of trade Cashman would make around this time of year. If I were Krivsky, I'd go for it!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

He's not going to trade Hughes. Does anyone have an idea of how superb he's been this year. Think Homer Bailey.

2-3, 1.80 ERA, 19 H, 30/2 K/BB in 30 IP for Single-A Tampa
    5-3, 2.75 ERA, 52 H, 76/23 K/BB in 72 IP for Double-A Trenton

Despite the questions regarding his durability, Hughes is baseball’s top pitching prospect right now. The 2004 first-round pick has yet to stumble while being pushed aggressively by the Yankees, establishing himself as one of the Eastern League’s best pitchers even before he turned 20 last month. Hughes throws 91-94 mph with movement and his curveball has come a long way, turning his slider into an afterthought at times. He also has a changeup that projects as a major league pitch. The total package could make him a No. 1 starter in time. The shoulder tendinitis that resulted in Hughes being shut down for a time in 2005 hasn’t recurred this year. If he avoids arm problems, he should have a rotation spot in New York as soon as next May or June. A debut in 2006 can’t be ruled out, but the Yankees have indicated that they’d prefer to leave him in the minors.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would even be willing to throw in any pitching prospect we have that's not named Bailey (even Wood) if we got Hughes back and Griffey's value is diminished.

MLB ERA
    I'm headed down to the game. I will see everyone by around Midnight or so.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    He's not going to trade Hughes. Does anyone have an idea of how superb he's been this year.
    Well obviously, that's reason I am trying to find happiness in false hope. You would too if Theo suffered brain damage and made a similar move.

I am grasping for any bit of light here.

Rookie ERA
    Well, id need a good bat with hughes though....

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Well obviously, that's reason I am trying to find happiness in false hope. You would too if Theo suffered brain damage and made a similar move.
    You mean like Jeff Suppan and Scott Sauerbeck for Freddy Sanchez? I mean, I liked the move at the time, but Suppan reveted, Sauerbeck sucked, and Sanchez became an all-star. Maybe not as bad as this, but man.

If he got Hughes for Griff? It would go a long way in making up for this trade, if only because you double your chances of landing a young ace from the farm

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    According to a couple of sources, the Reds have inquired about TB outfielder Carl Crawford. TB's preliminary answer was supposedly EdE, another active roster member I couldn't remember, and prospects.
    rf28

Renteria (after a poor year) and Coco Crisp were traded straight up for a similarly ranked prospect, why would you get anything more than Hughes back?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    You mean like Jeff Suppan and Scott Sauerbeck for Freddy Sanchez? I mean, I liked the move at the time, but Suppan reveted, Sauerbeck sucked, and Sanchez became an all-star. Maybe not as bad as this, but man.
    That was a bad move, but I think Sanchez has exceeded all expectations of his talent this season. That would be like FeLo becoming close to Miguel Tejada. Just be glad that a lot of Reds fans *could* feel the same way you do with the Arroyo-Pena deal three years from now.

Sanchez is having some season though, wow.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    According to a couple of sources, the Reds have inquired about TB outfielder Carl Crawford. TB's preliminary answer was supposedly EdE, another active roster member I couldn't remember, and prospects.

deal kind of makes sense. How bout LaRue/Jr/ Wood for Crawford/ RHP Chad Orvella. deal.

Rookie ERA
    I would like to have crawford maybe a lineup with freel and crawrford woow, if the reds did that maybe there was some sense in that bonehead trade...

Rookie ERA
    or do wood and larue for carl?

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    That was a bad move, but I think Sanchez has exceeded all expectations of his talent this season. That would be like FeLo becoming close to Miguel Tejada. Just be glad that a lot of Reds fans *could* feel the same way you do with the Arroyo-Pena deal three years from now.

Sanchez is having some season though, wow.
    I do remind you, I have an absurd man crush on Arroyo. I thought he'd do well everywhere and never got a good chance. Until now. I thought the trade was even. I just want Pena to be healthy and get PT, he has good potential.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast