Page 89 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE Thread

So, he single handedly kills the one storyline they've been spending awhile building up.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The reports of CM Punk's departure are legit. No work about this one like the worked shoot promo he delivered before he left the last time. His contract was due to expire in July and everyone within WWE were resigned to the fact that he was not going to re-sign. Apparently this time, Batista's return and immediate push to Mania headliner was the "last straw" for him. Pretty much what happened between him and Dwayne, but with more drama.
    rf28

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    So, he single handedly kills the one storyline they've been spending awhile building up.
    Return DB vs HHH or HBK at Mania? If this is true about Punk and he's really gone for good?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll believe he's really gone when he doesn't show up on March 3. With all that's going on, this feels like an angle to me.

If this kills the triple threat idea that was thrown around yesterday and swaps us to Bryan/HHH, I'll never forgive Punk.

Rookie ERA

Can't really blame him
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    I'll believe he's really gone when he doesn't show up on March 3. With all that's going on, this feels like an angle to me.

If this kills the triple threat idea that was thrown around yesterday and swaps us to Bryan/HHH, I'll never forgive Punk.
    Thing is I really don't believe WWE ever really intended for Bryan to be in a big match at Mania. Hence all the rumors about Sheamus vs Bryan. In this case if this makes them find something else for Sheamus and its Bryan vs HHH then its a win for Bryan, at least you know your match A) won't be on the pre show or B) bumped from Mania all toghether (like it did at 27).

Sheamus vs Bryan rumors is one of the reasons I'm currently taking a sebatical from WWE. Because I see so much bs and wonder if WWE does it on purpose so that they don't feed another WCW type competitor. Remember in the 80s the "Golden ERA", you had all kinds of superstars Hogan, Savage, Piper etc. and Ted Turner decides he wants to get into the wrestling business and takes many of them and begins beating WWF in the ratings.

Now if no one really gets big someone else can't harvest the gold off the backs of what WWF/E started. Don't get me wrong WWE is still making money hand over fist but besides Cena is there really anyone close to being a "superstar" at the level of even Kane (2nd tier during the attitude era)? Cena, Orton arguably, Punk, Bryan... other than that does anyone really approach it?

Ziggler's 33 now.
    ADR gets popcorn farts for interest and 36.
    They can't do anything with Wade Barrett (and you think someone like him would be TAILOR MADE for WWE).
    Sheamus never really recovered from when they had him hide behind Cena vs the Nexus.
    What have they really done with Sandow?

They IMO want it to be like the Harlem Globetrotters where you go for the show, not because of the guys on the show. Of course you have your 1 or 2 headliners but most of the rest are meh he's pretty good.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Can't blame Punk at all. I was reading that he may go back to ROH. He was as good as they get in ROH in his stay there. Now he would what I think make the company grow and the fan base would be much larger. I do think Punk was not used fairly I mean he was being used like Bryan. All the fans love these guys to only never get a shot at the belt. Or being champion. The McMahon's have the core group they want to push and always will push, Orton, Bautista hell anyone that is good friends with HHH will get the push.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A couple of takeaways from last night's Raw:

1) I realize Hogan is still super over with the crowd, but if he can't wrestle then I don't need to see him at WrestleMania. Just because it's the 30th one doesn't mean he needs to be there. It's the same with HBK. If HBK isn't going to wrestle, then there's no need for him to appear at WrestleMania.

2) Bryan vs. Triple H is going to be a crappy match. There's bound to be a stipulation that says that if Bryan wins then he gets a title shot without any outside interference (in which case Bryan will win the match). BTW, this will definitely be the match in which HBK will get inserted into the storyline. Best friend vs. his most successful student.

3) Why in the world would Undertaker agree to work a match with Brock Lesnar, especially at his advanced age and current physical condition? I realize that there's some animosity between the two of them, but c'mon. Lesnar is going to give the Undertaker a far more physical match than anybody else would. Undertaker might actually die inside the ring during this match. I get why they couldn't do a Taker vs. Sting match this year (not enough time to build it up), but they could have put anyone else on the roster against Undertaker and it would have made more sense from a physical standpoint. I just hope Undertaker beats him and can physically make it to 22-0.

4) Why do the New Age Outlaws still have the tag straps? I thought they would drop them last night and they didn't. Give the belts to the Uso's please.

5) I don't need to see Ric Flair on TV anymore, period. I'm convinced that if he died of a heart attack today, nobody would be surprised and everyone would know why he had one.

6) So Batista's going to turn heel and we'll have a heel vs. heel main event. Whatever. I hope Batista destroys Randy Orton for the plain and simple fact that I'm tired of seeing Randy ride Triple H's junk.
    rf28

MLB ERA

I think the crowds are kind of forcing their hands for Batista to turn heel

They should have done the sensible thing and inserted Bryan for a 3 way, even if it didn't result in him winning.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I think the crowds are kind of forcing their hands for Batista to turn heel

They should have done the sensible thing and inserted Bryan for a 3 way, even if it didn't result in him winning.
    The crowd would still sharted all over the match if Bootista or Boreton won it. I myself am looking forward to mania inspite of that.

The card already IMO is one of the better cards at Mania in YEARS.

Taker vs Lesnar
    Bryan vs HHH
    Cena vs Wyatt
    Usos vs NAO
    Shield turmoil (leading to triple threat, Reigns face turn and continue the fued with Ambrose afterwards IMO, Rollins goes his own way).

Thats 5 matches I am really looking forward to and if booked properly could leave a number of people MUCH better off than they are now and thats what WWE needs to have happen. That is INSPITE of the title match.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    A couple of takeaways from last night's Raw:

1) I realize Hogan is still super over with the crowd, but if he can't wrestle then I don't need to see him at WrestleMania. Just because it's the 30th one doesn't mean he needs to be there. It's the same with HBK. If HBK isn't going to wrestle, then there's no need for him to appear at WrestleMania.
    Drive buy rates just like they did with the Rock a couple years ago. Hogan is still one of the most recognizable forces in WWE history, he probably brought back a large number of fans my age. Will WWE keep them is the question.

2) Bryan vs. Triple H is going to be a crappy match. There's bound to be a stipulation that says that if Bryan wins then he gets a title shot without any outside interference (in which case Bryan will win the match). BTW, this will definitely be the match in which HBK will get inserted into the storyline. Best friend vs. his most successful student.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Bryan's one of those guys who you can stick in there with almost anyone and get a classic out of and HHH isn't that bad. Wouldn't it bring this whole mess full circle if HBK kicked HHH's head off for the 1-2-3? If they're going to book this right (Bryan win) I say have HHH give his seal of approval by tapping out to the Yes Lock IMO.

3) Why in the world would Undertaker agree to work a match with Brock Lesnar, especially at his advanced age and current physical condition? I realize that there's some animosity between the two of them, but c'mon. Lesnar is going to give the Undertaker a far more physical match than anybody else would. Undertaker might actually die inside the ring during this match. I get why they couldn't do a Taker vs. Sting match this year (not enough time to build it up), but they could have put anyone else on the roster against Undertaker and it would have made more sense from a physical standpoint. I just hope Undertaker beats him and can physically make it to 22-0.
    He has a full year to prepare and train. He can go all out. This has been building for years and has the personal feel of an MMA heavyweight classic. Who else is there for Lesnar to fued if not the Taker? We've seen 3 matches with HHH, we saw the botchery that was Cena feud, Punk's still "gone", Daniel Bryan? Roman Reigns? Too soon IMO. Anyone else in this spot would be a 30 second squash match.

4) Why do the New Age Outlaws still have the tag straps? I thought they would drop them last night and they didn't. Give the belts to the Uso's please.
    When would bring more eyes? Winning the title at some 2nd tier ppv when you can go another 6 weeks the "crafty vets" vs the "young guns" until your biggest PPV and make them the new face of the tag team division.

5) I don't need to see Ric Flair on TV anymore, period. I'm convinced that if he died of a heart attack today, nobody would be surprised and everyone would know why he had one.
    (I missed this so I'm just guessing)
    He's well into his 60s but he can still entertain on the mic.

6) So Batista's going to turn heel and we'll have a heel vs. heel main event. Whatever. I hope Batista destroys Randy Orton for the plain and simple fact that I'm tired of seeing Randy ride Triple H's junk.
    When does Batista's stupid movie come out? BTW we're going from Orton riding HHH junk to Batista riding it. Same book different chapter.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cesaro -v- Swagger -v- Big E for the IC title is something that I expect to see.

Also, the US title will somehow be involved in that "Shield" 3-way match.

AAA ERA

Cincinnati boy Dean Ambrose... I like him. I've found him to be the type that I hate to love to hate.

I think he could be a major heel one day based on the character he plays that suits him. Also a good in-ring technician.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA

Ambrose was popular on the Indy circuit when he was "Jon Moxley" before signing on with the E.

Here he is acting crazy under that persona.

CM Punk was (probably still is) a fan as well and showed up at FCW (pre-NXT airings when they weren't televised) when he was still there to help push him.

I like Ambrose and can't wait for him to go on his own, provided they don't ruin him and turn him face (Which I highly doubt, at least at this juncture).

From what admittedly not too much I knew of his pre-WWE personality putting him in a team stable seemed to kind of clash with his general persona.

AAA ERA

Yeah, I saw him when he got started in HWA in Cincy a long time ago.

He's a great heel. Like you said, hoping they don't try to flip him to face.

That's pretty cool about the Punk story.

I just think he's got that... characteristic to draw as a big heel. As you said, just depends on how he's used and pushed... but they put the US title on him... so I'm hoping that means they see the potential, even after he jobs here soon to Roman Reigns.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror