Page 88 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Official WWE Thread

yea, the dirt sheets were reporting those matches for the last couple weeks... i hoped that wwe was pulling a ploy, and leaked them to surprise us at the rumble. that doesnt seem to be the case.

id imagine we're gonna see cody/goldust, usos/outlaws where the usos finally get the straps, a shield triple threat match, del rio/mysterio is rumored [mask vs hair] and a divas match with celebrity appearances. i could see cody/goldust or the tag titles being the pre show, and then you have a 9 match card.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Punk vs Trips will happen, but they had better start pushing it now (Heaven forbid they start a storyline well before Mania so that it makes sense."

punk has been bitching about the authority screwing him for months, saying theyve had the shield attack him and theyre trying to hold him away for the strap and all the other shit... this match has been the only thing theyve been building pre-rumble for wrestlemania.

you know... aside from daniel bryan getting his vindication and finally winning big over orton at wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    I have so many issues with WWE right now. First off, if Triple H's goal is to legitimize the tag team division, then why in the name of all that is good and right would you give the belts to the New Age Outlaws??? I realize they're Hunter's guys, but good Lord they're old! They better drop the belts either tonight or at Elimination Chamber. Second, why are they pushing the Wyatt Family? None of them are all that good. Third, why waste one of Brock Lesnar's dates on the Big Show? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Fourth, when is the CM Punk vs the Authority angle really going to begin? We're waiting. Lastly, they (meaning Vince, Stephanie, and Mr. Stephanie) need to decide whether they're going to really push Daniel Bryan or just have him in random feuds that never lead anywhere. He's as over as you can get (possibly as much as Austin was back in the Attitude Era), yet they put him in feuds that don't do a thing for him in terms of wearing a strap.

Now on to Mania: Taker vs Lesnar won't happen because Taker can't work with (due to his various ailments) someone as stiff in the ring as Lesnar. Taker vs. Sting (if he is indeed signed to WWE) would be the more logical match. Orton vs Batista is fine since they (meaning "the Authority") are probably going to make Batista the new "face of the WWE" due to the way Randy has been "acting" lately. Bray Wyatt vs Cena shouldn't happen. Have Cena win at Elimination Chamber and make the title match a 3 way dance. Punk vs Trips will happen, but they had better start pushing it now (Heaven forbid they start a storyline well before Mania so that it makes sense. Also, they had better bring HBK back since he can't not get involved in a Triple H Mania storyline). I've also heard Sheamus vs Bryan as a rematch from when Sheamus beat him for the strap in 18 seconds. What I would love to see is a tag team take on the Real Americans for the belts, but said tag team have Hogan in their corner (since WWE can't medically clear him to get physical in any way). Would love to see Ultimate Warrior get involved in a match somehow.
    Have you not been watching lately, especially last night? Bray Wyatt was SPECTACULAR in the ring, granted he did have Bryan on the other side, but he still more than held up his own end!

Brock: Why not use a date on Big Show? He's the biggest guy in the company and with the shit booking he's received since coming back, the destruction of Show is a big way to re-legitimize Lesnar. I don't like the way they went about it, but it served its purpose...

Punk/Authority: Are you living under a rock?! This has been going on since before Survivor Series! It's the longest running storyline that have right now. Just because it isn't shoved down your throat every night doesn't mean that it isn't there. Tonight should see the continuation of Punk/Kane with the blowoff for that at Elimination Chamber, and then hard and heavy with Punk/H going into Mania. I've liked it, but I wish it were Bryan still in that spot...

Title picture: You've got to be kidding with making the title match a triple threat with Batista/Orton/Cena?! Why? Just why? If anything, I would love to see a Fatal Four Way with Orton/Batista/Lesnar/Bryan... Cena needs to be away from the title picture, he's stale and the crowd absolutely hates him. I threw Lesnar in there because they've been harping for weeks now that he is gunning for the WWE Title after he takes care of Big Show... Batista/Orton will be a bore fest, and the same match we saw 4 and 5 years ago... Just like Orton/Cena is the same match we've seen for 6+ years now! I think they lose a lot of fans if the don't do something with Bryan soon, the overwhelming boo's last night had to get through to somebody. I truly believe that they held him out last night to help make the payoff that much better... When's last time we've seen a story like Daniel Bryan has put together? My guess would be Shawn Michaels leading up to his WrestleMania 12 Iron Man Match win... Granted Bryan has had World Title reigns and is technically listed as a former WWE Champion after beating Cena at Summerslam, but nobody has been THIS over with the crowd... I think DB is more popular right now than Austin/Rock/Hogan/Triple H were in their prime, and they had the WWE Title to help them get over, DB hasn't...

Tag Title: I agree with the Usos becoming Tag Champs.. They are the tag team workhorses right now and put on great consistent matches...
    TSSL: Cincinnati Reds 643-815
    TBL: Atlanta Braves: 459-354 (1 Wild Card, 3 Division, 1 Pennant, 1 World Series)

2005 World Series Champions- Atlanta Braves (SLUT)

My (Wishful Thinking) Wrestlemania XXX card:

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
    Winner: Daniel Bryan

The Streak
    Undertaker vs. Sting
    Winner: Draw (Taker streak stays alive, but Sting doesn't lose either...)

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
    Winner: Bray Wyatt

CM Punk vs. Triple H
    Winner: CM Punk

Intercontinental / US Title Unification Match
    Big E. Langston vs. Dean Ambrose
    Winner: Big E. Langston

Money In The Bank Match
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Kofi Kingston vs. R-Truth vs. Damien Sandow vs. The Miz vs. Big Show
    Winner: Roman Reigns (Though I would love for Kofi to win)

Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way
    New Age Outlaws (c) vs. The Usos vs. Rhodes Brothers vs. Real Americans
    Winner: The Usos

Divas Title Lumberjill Match
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Tamina
    Winner: AJ Lee

Hair vs. Mask Match
    Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio
    Winner: Rey Mysterio (Though I could see Del Rio getting the nod here)
    TBL: Atlanta Braves: 459-354 (1 Wild Card, 3 Division, 1 Pennant, 1 World Series)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

im fine with going somewhat in the direction of wwe. i havent watched raw yet, so i dont know the ec plans... but id be fine with lesnar/orton, with lesnar going over... leading to lesnar/batista for the belt. slip daniel bryan in vs taker, since supposedly taker asked for that... and id be perfectly fine with bryan getting that much deserved rub. keep punk/hhh and bray/cena. i legit have no idea what to do with sheamus or orton after this... id be cool with a hardstyle sheamus/reigns match though, with reigns going over. in that instance, im cool with keeping your idea of the big e/ambrose unification match too.

im not counting sting in for anything, til i see him on programming.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and on an aside... still ridiculous how stupid over the new age outlaws are.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I believe Batista is gonna be around for a bit, this isn't just a Wrestlemania thing.

I hate the fact that they are gonna unify the IC and US titles. I can see it now, and it sucks. I want more titles, it gives you something to build up too. I know I am not alone in this.

Also, at the Rumble, did you guys notice what Kevin Nash had for entrance music?

MLB ERA

I'll say this much, though. Regardless of opinions on their characters Randy Orton and Batista have my two favorite theme songs of active wrestlers.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

nash used the nwo theme

Rookie ERA

Official WWE Thread

I watched a bit of the royal rumble for kicks and it led me to the same thing that it had over the past 7 or so years; fuck pro wrestling.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I believe Batista is gonna be around for a bit, this isn't just a Wrestlemania thing.

I hate the fact that they are gonna unify the IC and US titles. I can see it now, and it sucks. I want more titles, it gives you something to build up too. I know I am not alone in this.

Also, at the Rumble, did you guys notice what Kevin Nash had for entrance music?
    They get lost in the shuffle anyways. It was different when there were the 2 completely different brands now they're just redundant props that wwe doesn't use anyways. They get very little tv time, when was there a legit fued for the IC or US title? Not just oh yea here's a match.

As for Nash, yea it makes since if he wasn't going to do Diesel again. I wish Roman would have gotten a little more impressive elimination on Nash than he did.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    now they're just redundant props that wwe doesn't use anyways. They get very little tv time, when was there a legit fued for the IC or US title? Not just oh yea here's a match.
    The solution to that problem is to start using them and start creating legit feuds over them, not to just trash them and give up.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    The solution to that problem is to start using them and start creating legit feuds over them, not to just trash them and give up.
    Its the WWE we're talking about here. For them to actually do that would take the spotlight away from the Breakfast Club and HHH will be damn if he lets that happen!
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Its the WWE we're talking about here. For them to actually do that would take the spotlight away from the Breakfast Club and HHH will be damn if he lets that happen!
    Right. But I'm not talking about what the WWE is going to do, I'm talking about what they should do.

Welp, it looks like I may have to make an addendum to my above WM30 hopeful card... Reports are circulating that CM Punk has quit / is taking an indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately... I'll take it with a grain of salt, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to have this be a ploy throw us all off, but it also isn't shocking since he's been unhappy for a while now...