Thread: 17 K no-hitter for Strasburg

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nationals 17 K no-hitter for Strasburg

11-0 with 164 Ks in 87.1 innings. Heh.

Strasburg tosses 17 K no-hitter; Boras to Nats: 'Mwahahaha' - Roto Arcade - Fantasy - Yahoo! Sports

Strasburg Throws A No-Hitter

OK, we're going with a verbal play-by-play for the top of the ninth inning here at Tony Gwynn Stadium. To heck with the chance for a jinx; maybe Stephen Strasburg can dismiss that same as he's dismissed all those Air Force batters tonight.

Strasburg has never thrown a no-hitter in his college career.

A record crowd (3,337) is on hand for Strasburg's final home start. By now, the sun has set, creating a very cool visual marriage between the black outfield backdrop and the 6-foot-5 presence on the mound -- shrouded in an all-black uniform, but for razor-straight red brim of his cap.

8:06 p.m. -- Strasburg walks to the mound. Receives a standing ovation. Most of the fans settle back in their seats, but Rizzo (holding a cup of coffee) remains standing against a railing until the righty completes his warm-up pitches.

8:07 p.m. -- I don't even notice radar guns pointing at Strasburg any longer. Maybe the scouts have seen enough. His second pitch this inning, a fastball, looked as strong as anything he's thrown all game, though.

8:09 p.m. -- The first batter of the inning, Blair Roberts, goes down swinging on a 2-2 fastball. That's strikeout No. 15.

8:10 p.m. -- Next hitter is outfielder Tytus Moss, a big guy, an outfielder. Swing and a miss, swing and a miss, swing and a miss. We're one out away.

8:11 p.m. -- Everybody is standing. Everybody. Ohhs and ahhs after every pitch. Strasburg goes 1-1 on No. 5, outfielder Nathan Carter. Then 1-2. Clapping... For strike 3, he freezes Carter with an absurd slider. Strasburg pumps his fist, takes about two steps off the mound, and spikes his black mitt to the ground. All at once, his catcher bull-rushes him, and just as Strasburg is getting carried into the air, every one of his teammates turns the middle of the field into a mob.

Not bad for a last home start.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: 17 K no-hitter for Strasburg

I'm just glad that the Nats are committed to signing Strasburg or at least that's what ex GM Bowden said.

MLB ERA

I really hope I get to watch him pitch in Syracuse at least once. I really do want to.

This kid is just straight filthy. There's really no other way to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I don't know if he'll ever freaking play in Syracuse. Rumors say he could go straight to MLB. Hell, Tony Gwynn said he could immediately be the new Nationals' ace(which would shock me, but I mean, the Nats do suck).

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That's awesome. It's a shame his mechanics suck though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.