Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Ya'll OOTP 8 is on for Free

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Hey Ya'll OOTP 8 is on for Free

OOTP just announced this today. Maybe now that it's free, time to give it a go?

MLB ERA

Re: Hey Ya'll OOTP 8 is on for Free

Don't understand what you mean by this post (unless you're just pointing it out to the majority, which is appreciated!). If you're implying we switch to OOTP8 and use that instead of 10, we won't begin the league until next September at the earliest. I'm not even capable of entering 4 years (or however many) worth of transactions that OOTP8 rosters would need. And I'm not the best person to be running a classic league. I was born in the late 80s, and while I think I have good knowledge on MLB in its current form, and of the previous 20 years or so, I would be lost attempting to run a classic league.

If it was possible to export with OOTP8 for an OOTP10 league, that would be a great revelation and help immensely. But I've already blown 40$ on OOTP10 and started editting rosters (whether I'll use the set I'm working on now or start fresh in a day or two I'm unsure, since I'm not too far in yet and want to make sure everything works out right).

Sorry if I come across as an ass in the post above, not meant to at all... but after purchasing OOTP10, and learning how to use it these past few days, I don't wanna have to start over again. lol And I'm not even sure if that's what you were implying we should do, so again, not meant to come off as rude at all.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Downloaded it anyway.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I showed my buddy who refuses to join the leagues I run (despite being a knowledgeable A's fan; he's signed up here as posayshooha, that joker who follows my posts around sometimes) a link to it the other day. I told him it was free and he should check it out, but he didn't want to anyway.

I would download it if not for having 9 and 10 already. It'd be cool as hell if you could export from 8 into 10 though. I'm assuming you can't, but man that would make life a lot easier for a lot of people.

If anything atleast being able to play with 8 gives some people an idea of how the new OOTP games are set up. I never tried 8 personally, but I've seen the layout and it seemed similar to how 9 was.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Oh I didn't know you purchased it, and sorry haven't been following it. No harm done, jackass.

MLB ERA

Nah it's all good, no worries. I didn't mean to come across like such a douche. Just misinterpreted it. It would be nice if OOTP released thorough roster updates for all of their games, at different points in the season each year. Like the "living" rosters they feature on some Xbox360 and PS3 sports games. You gotta figure they could hire some developers to do that sort of thing. 6.5, 8, 9, 10... update rosters each month for all of them. I dont even know if there was a 7, was there? If there was, I think there was a league on this site in 7 at one point for a short period. Or maybe that was 8 actually.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Where is it free?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Slyder, just search OOTP8 download in yahoo or whatever your browser is and click on the link that matches the official ootp site. It should bring you to its download page I'd assume...

I saw it while ago browsing the main OOTPdev site the other day. Or maybe I saw an ad that said it was going to be free soon (might've been that because I thought it has been free for awhile, I heard about it/saw something to indicate this atleast a good week or two before wes made this post).

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Well the no.1 reason why I even said OOTP 8 is because it's free and you know everyone can get the game to export. Which would make the commish's job much easier.

MLB ERA

When you download it, you still need a lisence code. Where do you get that for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

MLB ERA

I downloaded it but it's asking me for a lisence code. I don't know where to get that

MLB ERA

Uh, it shouldn't ask you?

MLB ERA

It's asking me for an Order ID....

MLB ERA

Don't know what to tell you. My version asked for the end-user confirmation, and the target directory. That was it. My install file also had "free" in the name. Maybe you're downloading the pay version instead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast