Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rich Harden-SP 4.0 SP

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rich Harden-SP 4.0 SP

I hope the TC isn't stupid to allow a trade if the maybes are actually crap.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I sense fail if Crow or Rodriguez aren't at least involved. Or one of his good ML dudes.

That's all I remember though. Can't wait to see what it is.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

If OM would get on the site for more than 15 minutes at a time, maybe this deal would eventually get to TC.....

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

My apologies for not being able to be on very long last night. I should be on most of this afternoon and later this evening. KoZ posted at least a minimal interest post that I bear some responsiblity in not following up on... Any other posters clearly have no right to gripe.

The trade market is what the trade market is. I did tell some GMs where the negotiations were at with Harden, others never asked.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    KoZ posted at least a minimal interest post that I bear some responsiblity in following up on... Any other posters clearly have no right to gripe.
    wait, so you made a deal with LJ and now you're going to see if KoZ can top it? didn't you complain to me that someone else recently did that to you in TSSL? I'm just saying...

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    wait, so you made a deal with LJ and now you're going to see if KoZ can top it? didn't you complain to me that someone else recently did that to you in TSSL? I'm just saying...
    I fixed my post! The word not was overlooked somehow. The deal is done. It just has not been submitted to the TC because LJ deleted the post and it disappeared from my sent box... not sure why... I should have enough time to write it up later.

My public comments are more about the lack of value in the offers I received. I was forced to weigh another half season with Harden and an FA compensation pick against all trade offers. Atlanta's was the only offer that carried more value than the compensation pick. I posted my frustration with this last night. RMF and KoZ posted responses. I was saying that I felt KoZ had expressed minimal interest and I missed his last post about wanting to know where Harden was in the negotiations. So it was at least partially my fault that I did not enter into specific negotiations with KoZ.

I definitely don't do auctions or play one GM against the other. Judging by the comments time to time, I am on the low end of most of my trades.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

oh, OK...I gotcha. I thought you meant you felt you had to listen to his offer because you missed his post. Either way, do what you feel is best for your team bro. I just know you were in a similar situation with a GM that shall remain nameless and were frustrated...thought you were sending LJ down the same path. It's all good man. I just misinterpreted what you meant.

MLB ERA

Just wanted to chime in on a few things...

I don't fault you, OM for trying to trade Harden, and as long as your deal with Atlanta has atleast some players with potential to help your club I will probably pass it... because I realize how hard it is to pull off a deal for a potential free agent of Harden's stature (the deal with Slyder for Beckett was hard to agree on the pieces for example). But you gotta keep in mind that Browntown was trying to deal Gallardo for a whole offseason, and couldn't pull off a trade that was deemed fair. He's in Harden's class I'd say, only younger, and signed long-term cheap, so it just gives you an idea. Just hard to find fair value for studs sometimes.

Johan probably went a tad bit cheap too... but again, pending FA, possibly a rental... those are the breaks I guess.

I would've had interest if I didn't just trade for Beckett too... lol

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123