Thread: Dam stepped down...

MLB ERA

Random Dam stepped down...

I received a PM this afternoon from HollywoodLeo informing me it was my turn to pick in the draft, so I went to pick, and imagine my surprise when I see a message slamming me for being inactive. Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and I've had a fairly busy class schedule lately, which is why I haven't had the chance to really look things over. Granted, I haven't been active in the past, but I've had legitimate reasons, and have even been willing to let you replace me if you so desired because I knew I was going to have to be inactive for a long period of time. Obviously you no longer want me as a GM in your league, as evidenced in your rather public display of disdain for me, and I don't want to be a GM in a league that doesn't want me, so I'm done, post the Nationals as an open team. I hope the next GM is active to the level you desire.

==============

I replied,

"I was joking, like that time you joked about prov."

lol... seriously, what does/did he expect?...He never sends anything in, and I've given him more than enough time to try to make up for it. I honestly never expected he'd make his pick on time. Oh well.

I'm going to replace with him JCBizkit. If dam was active, I wouldn't want to replace him at all. I dont want him to feel forced out, but whatever.

I fear DMB is going to drop soon.... maybe just cause I'm paranoid, but he hasn't sent anything since his failed trade and he whined and moaned a ton. Add in that he's DMB's bff.... I dunno

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: Dam stepped down...

I do feel bad for autoing his pick, I should have waited. But after waiting for General for 2+ days, I figured Dam would have been 2+ since he said to expect lineups and never sent them.

It'd be one thing if it was just this sim, or just this year... just this Thanksgiving weekend, but he's been inactive since day one. Don't know.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

He told me was gonna do this today, so no surprise here...if you're inactive constantly, what else can you do?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I mean, I don't want to replace anyone. But it gets to the point where I feel like, with some of these guys, what can I do to get them to send lineups and when they don't ever send them... at what point do I just do something about it?

I really never would have outed him myself, so in a way, I'm glad he stepped down. He never has been active and I'm glad he is giving someone else a chance to take the spot...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

he wasn't doing anything to really keep his team, to me is a surprise, if he put effort into it he could win
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Good riddance.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I wouldn't mind just the words, the auto selection a mere hour before I showed up to make my pick when you gave another person two days to make their pick reinforces the words as more than a joke though. If the words were just a joke though, since the draft hasn't taken place yet, there should be no problem switching my pick to a player I'd rather have, so long as he's still on the board. My pick would have been SP Trevor Williams, so I'd like my pick switched to him.

==========

I'm fine with that. I agree that autoing your team wasn't fair, even though I did have my reasons for it and you probably know them. But it wasn't fair and I do feel bad.

I will give you Trevor Williams. But will you make an honest attempt at being more active with lineups and just maintaining the team? I realize that they got off to a bad start, but you have a lot of talent... if you wanted to rebuild, you actively shop those guys after the draft, or even before, and you're going to get some talent back. And at the same time I think you could still compete if you went all out and tried some different things. Atlanta did finally... WAS's in a similar spot.

=======

I know I'm being too nice here... I'm posting so you guys don't look up and wonder why he's back.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt one last time... basically what I'm doing with twinsfan, and then if he slacks I have someone in place to take them over. I actually had PM'd that JCBizkit guy and told him I might have an opening, so I'm sure he'd take them down the line if Dam farts for the rest of the year.

It's tough to replace some of these guys, because they've been wish the league since the beginning and whatnot, and life is more important than a sim... but when they aren't doing anything with their teams... I don't know what else to do

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe the raiders should bring Art Shell back again.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Idk nick.....It's just interesting how the inactive guys always show up for like a week when they are threatened to lose their team, and then disappear again until their team's threatened again. It's not just this league, it's every league, and it makes me mad. I know Dam's a great GM when he's around, but if he doesn't have the time, I wish he'd just admit it rather than try to keep his team. He's done it before in other leagues, come back when someone gives his team away, and then disappear again. I just don't want you to fall into that trap.

It is a tough situation. And you're real cool for being nice. I don't have a problem with what you're doing at all. I just don't wanna see you fall into the same trap. Just be careful
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ted

MLB ERA

Thanks GF, appreciate the kind words... and I see where you are coming from there, believe me... it's all the more reason I'm reluctant to let him back. But it's just hard to say no to these people, from my standpoint for some reason.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Yeah, he's been here long enough and has OOTP success to give him a get out of jail free card i guess

MLB ERA

While it's partly that, where I don't want to lose a member to the community and he's been with the "community" for so long... it's just I know what it's like to be busy, and I can see where he's coming from. But he can also give me the common courtesy to let me know. If I couldn't run the league for whatever reason, would I disappear on you guys? I think I did it once the entire time I ran this thing, due to some personal things going on in my life. If I have to take a break, I won't be shy... I'll let you guys know and I'm sure everyone here is mature enough to handle it. If he's busy for awhile and needed a break he could've told me..

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Yeah I totally agree

MLB ERA

He actually sent me full changes, so we'll see.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat