Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATL-SD trade (In what ways does it need re-done?)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ATL-SD trade (In what ways does it need re-done?)

San Diego gives:
    1B- Prince Fielder- 4 Stars- $5.06 million
    2B- BJ Upton- 3 Stars- $8.5 million
    MR- Daniel Koga- 1.5 Stars- $300,000
    MR- Russell West- 1.5 Stars- MLC

Salary Total: $13.86 million

Atlanta gives:
    1B- JK Simmons- 5 Prospect Stars- MLC
    MR- Brett Cecil- 3 Stars- $300,000
    SP- Thomas Hanson- 2.5 Stars- MLC
    3B- Leo Maldonado- 5 Prospect Stars- MLC

Salary Total: $300,000
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: ATL-SD trade

hes getting a ton of shit he dont need, but pass

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: ATL-SD trade

I gotta fail this. LJ isn't getting anything worth what he's giving up outside of Fielder. I don't usually fail, but this one's rough
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: ATL-SD trade NEEDS VOTES...

im cool with it. zito gets some decent pitchers to work with, simmons and maldonado might be alright. plus getting rid of upton['s contract] is addition by subtraction. dont see how this is any better than roemer, gallagher and something else for fielder alone, but ok.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cause that something else... was Callaspo! Who I signed!
    I'm glad Roemer is doing well, but it didn't change the fact that before you started him I had reservations because pitchers with his same makeup have sucked for me. Cook's only decent cause I put him in the pen. And I didn't think much of Gallagher enough, I'd just rather take a chance on a younger guy with loads of power than someone who's still at 6 when he's going to be 26 soon.

I didn't say you made a bad offer, you just weren't going to give me much as the third wheel and I wasn't big on Gallagher enough at the time.
    Ted

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Fail...shorty is giving away 4 good players for Fielder, an expensive OK guy, and crap
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Cause that something else... was Callaspo! Who I signed!"

if youll remember though, i gave you the option of picking out a 3rd guy that you and i both felt were fitting of the position. gallagher, albeit lacking eye, is better than maldonado too.

its all moot though, i think the deal is fair and i voted it through... so if it goes down you should rework with the other guy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He most likely will be better and frankly Maldanado wasn't the focus. He shouldn't even be a 5 star prospect, just a 10 power guy. I just liked Cecil and Simmons. He's basically dealing a reliever (he's not using Hanson and Simmons or Maldonado wouldn't crack his lineup) for Fielder and potentially a backup infielder and he should use Koga, who did very well and consider relievers aren't usually any good in this league, Koga does actually have value. In fact, he's 2.5 stars now, not 1.5! Yay for that. He'd have Fielder-Freeman-Heyward without having to deal Rodriguez, Crow, Cordier, Harrison, Clinton, or the catchers. Win win. (I'll still suck)

I didn't see you wanting to add anything more useful than Callaspo.. ..I guess you could have tried Owings ;]
    Ted

MLB ERA

Relievers dont really suck as much as you make it seem... I could pick 4 relievers off of each team at seasons end that wind up pitching pretty good. It's just finding the right guys.

I admit though, it's pretty much a crapshoot with relievers ant ootp. Isn't it like that in all of the leagues for the most part though?

I've had good relievers on my SFN team, and on occasion I'll sign someone and he'll give me one, two years for OAK, but really, it's a guessing game with Oaklands relievers and all of my SFN relievers have eras above 5.00 right now. It's just as hard for me to find a good reliever in the other leagues I think as it is in here. Maybe harder.

To say Koga has value because he pitched 30 innings with a 3.00+ era, isn't saying much. I could dig up a lot of guys who did that last year... and then some. It's just erratic for some reason when it comes to good middle relief and ootp. Or maybe it is just this league, I dont know.

Just sayin'

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know who to expect to do well or reasonably well in the other leagues. I have honestly no clue in this league. I'll keep running out the same guys and maybe one time they'll perform to their ratings, but I don't know. Koga did well, best reliever I had statistically besides Mathieson. I'll take it, LOL
    Ted

MLB ERA

I can name off a ton of guys who have consistently put up good numbers.... I realize that some players outright underperform, but there are infact relievers who do their job....

Manny Delcarmen, Huston Street, Mark Melancon, Carlos Marmol, Joe Nathan, Manny Corpas, Pedro Duran, Francisco Cordero, David Dinelli, Santiago Casilla, Jim Hoey, Shawn Montez, Joey Martines, Scott Rice, Casey Weathers, Kevin Whelan, Carlos Carrasco, Jonathan Broxton, Jonathan Meloan, Deon Silva, Bobby Jenks (up until this year, but it's still early), Dan Wheeler (boosted his talent up again and has been a beast since.. knock on wood) Steven Benford, Andrew Cashner...

A lot of these guys may be off to slow starts this year for all I know, but they've been solid or good relievers and the majority of them are on the in game top-50 ERA or K leaderboard. Check out their stats if you get bored... you'd be surprised if you don't think there's any dominant releivers in the league. Joey Martines on Minnesota might be a top-5 CL, maybe top-3, but no one will ever notice...

Delcarmen took off too, guy is one of the best if not the best setup men in the league. Him and Street make an insane 1-2 punch.

I mean, I dig what you mean completely though. It's a crapshoot pretty much. Theoretically, there's no guarantees you go out and trade for these guys, and they actually play good for you either. OOTP is weird.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm wishing ill will on Halladay's beer for not voting.
    Ted

MLB ERA

I'm leaning to towards failing it

edit: after looking it over again, I'm going to vote fail
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What do I need to do to re-work this deal?- for those who failed it.

Ideas I immediately thought of:

A. Take Hanson out of the deal since he was never the focal point, cause I can live with just the 3 guys.

B. I can replace Upton or the relievers with someone you guys deem enough to pass it

C. If Upton's contract is the problem, I can replace him with a cheaper or cheap period, player. Or I'll see if he has any bums with salary and I'll take them on

D. Any other ideas?
    Ted

MLB ERA

Re: ATL-SD trade (In what ways does it need re-done?)

D: Take off Russell West and give him something worth while there. Doesn't have to be anything great, just find a good spect or decent player that you don't think is in your plans.

I'd say that would be the best bet from my outlook, because Koga's not a bad piece really, Upton actually does produce, despite his ratings, contract, or bad jokes about him... and Prince is gonna mash once he gets out of your park and people will forget about the other pieces in this deal eventually anyway.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast