Thread: The Activity Program (Starting next season)

MLB ERA

The Activity Program (Starting next season)

I feel activity is at a good place right now. Don't get me wrong. However, some of you go above the grain and I really do appreciate that, and I feel others could do more or maintain their teams better, possibly if there was some more motivation to do so.

I've talked to some people on AIM around the league and they've helped me come up with some ideas for this.

I generally don't like rewards programs much, but I feel this will be sort of different because it will be built soley within league structure.

Outlines are simple...

- Your team must send 5 to 8 changes via PM per season.
    -- If you send your get your team changes in to start the season without me having to auto your team, you only need to send 5 PMs on the year. Otherwise, 8 is required.
    --- There are no barameters on the changes. You may send me minor league changes, minor league depth charts. Major league changes, major league depth charts. You can simply send someone to the DL and call someone up. *Obviously, since there are teams that need not make changes as often as others whether they are doing well or just don't feel the need to shake it up, I am not making you make full team changes for no reason here. But if someone is injured on your 25-man for example, this may just encourage you to send the change and DL him this time. Or if there's minor league changes in order, try to do a little per sim instead of having me auto your minors or not touch them at all. Get creative with your team. It doesn't take a whole lot of time to send a small change each sim or every other even.*

- You must make 5 (or more if you want, no need to get stingy on me! ) meaningful* posts in the Random Rumblings thread over the course of the season.
    *in other words, as long as you put some effort into the discussion and don't reply with something like LOL, it will go towards your 5 posts.

That's it. Really simple, no? Whoever participates is put down on a list. I will create a handful of elite talent that will be a designated class (not sure, but I'll give them some nifty nick name when the time comes) and those on the list will be allowed to bid under normal free agency rules on these players.

If they do not like your org, they don't like your org. If they want to play for a winner, they want to play for a winner. If you only have enough money to offer to one of them per round... etc. It's the same free agency rules as usal with these players, you will just be elligible to offer to them if you stick to the outlines listed above.

I will not start keeping track of this until the season rolls over. Also, the talent I will be adding will not be added until the 2014 offseason, not this upcoming offseason. This will give everyone a chance to catch up and see what's going on.

Basically, this is here to reward the GMs who are hard workers and try their hardest to keep up with their teams, and perhaps motivate the ones who could use to do a little bit more.

Any questions? (and no, I'm not quite sure how much talent I will be adding in free agency -- if you want to make suggestions, feel free)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: The Activity Program (Starting next season)

Sometimes people just don't have changes to make.

With that in mind, could attempts at extending a player count towards activity as well?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Leo, you send 5 changes a year, probably more. you'd likely be fine... I know for fact. But... let's potentially say you can post 10 times instead of 5 in the rumblings thread if you would rather instead of sending a change?

The whole point is to just get people to explore and maximize their teams more. A lot of teams have untapped potential, and the league is just a lot more fun when everyone is trying to maximize it. But I suppose attempting to resign a player is good too. As is making a trade block. I will think about some other ways to factor into this. It won't go into effect until next season, but I don't think 5 changes in unreasonable over a full year.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I knew I wouldn't be a problem. I also post in the random rumblings a lot.

I'm just thinking about other people.....of course, I don't know how many changes the active GMs generally send in on average so my thought my be pointless.

Just throwing some thoughts out there, though, because extensions are also a part of activity.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

No, I do appreciate your thoughts Leo. =)

It's really hard to say on the lineups. Every GM is different. Some go through periods of sending changes every sim to shake up their team, some go weeks... others go the whole season. But if you take advantage of sending a change within the first sim, 5 changes shouldn't be much at all over a full season. And the fact that I'd accept anything as a change short of "auto my team" should help too. There's just so much you can do with your team in this league, with minor leagues, the DL, trading, etc. that if you don't maximize it you're missing out I feel.

Also, with the cash total being increased to 20mil, I think everyone should have more money by the 2014 offseason, and thus everyone should atleast have a decent chance at being able to sign somebody should they qualify. That being said, I won't feel like this might be a complete waste of idea because some teams will have no money anyway.

If someone doesn't want to participate, they don't have to... they're not active as they should be then they don't neccesarily need to sign the big name FAs is how I see it. But the whole thing is that's different from most rewards programs I see, is all you have to do is be active in the league and it should pay dividends. There really isn't much that you have to do. It's just really simple stuff.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Really, there's always SOMETHING you can do to make your team better, even if it's just promoting guys in the minors, or teaching prospects new positions, always something you can be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    The whole point is to just get people to explore and maximize their teams more. A lot of teams have untapped potential, and the league is just a lot more fun when everyone is trying to maximize it.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I know some of you go above and beyond, and I really do appreciate it. I think this will be a nice little program dealie.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rule 5 Rule 5 Rule 5!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Whoops, wrong thread!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I will not start keeping track of this until the season rolls over. Also, the talent I will be adding will not be added until the 2014 offseason, not this upcoming offseason. This will give everyone a chance to catch up and see what's going on.
    The upcoming offseason is the 2014 offseason, so do you mean... 2015?
    Ted

MLB ERA

Yeah I mean 2015. Sorry.... I can't tell time either apparently.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Lol

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Yeah I mean 2015. Sorry.... I can't tell time either apparently.
    You chose the wrong cigarettes!
    Ted

MLB ERA

i smoke crack dummy!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

dipped in cow urine!
    Ted