Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun Bonanazo Post!

MLB ERA

Question Fun Bonanazo Post!

Quick question.... Wanted some of your opinions on this...

I was thinking of contraction as soon as post-FA, with the draft and the works, if the game makes it possible. I'd back the file up incase something didn't work of course... but I wouldn't anticipate there being any problems. Does the game let you contract at any point in the season, Prov? I'm not sure when you actually did it, but I'm pretty sure it was in the offseason.... but I dunno if it wasi n the middle of FA or after, or before or what.

Teams I'd be contracting at this point probably are Minnesota, Texas, and maybe Tampa and Atlanta... I'd have to rearrange the divisions, but I figure that's easy.

I didn't really like the thought of contraction for this league, and still am not crazy about it honestly..... but it's becoming more apparent that some teams are just deadspots and the talent is going to waste, either in the minors or rotting in the majors.

Would people be in favor of it? Or would it make the now 28 or 26 teams WAY too talent-heavy? Another alternative is to let Saber, Zito and Hammer or anyone else who volunteers run some of the teams that are inactive for the time being.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Contraction?

a) I'll also run an inactive team if you want for the time being.
    b) If you're going to contract, I'd say it get it down to 28 rather than 26, that would just be too much.
    c) Contraction of twinsfan?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'd only do 2 teams, Minnesota and Texas would work since they are not overly talented (whereas Tampa and Atlanta, they should be easy to find a GM that would want all of that untapped potential right?)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And you can dump any inactive team on me at any time, no problem there.. I could probably win the east with Atlanta
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I contracted before rolling over. the only issue is that you'll have to rename a lot of files. Here is a basic example because it can get ridiculous:

Let's say you contracted San Diego because they're the 2nd to last team number. They are team number 29. San Francisco would become the new team number 29. You'd have to rename their all team pages (like player development, team history, etc.) to 29.

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT NEWS - Out of the Park Baseball Report

you just change the 30 to 29.

Of course, you'd be contracting 2 teams at the minimum so SF would end up being team 28. I didn't move any teams into different divisions though, so that would create more potentially. I'm not sure if the game would automatically fix the files since you're swapping teams at that point and not deleting teams. I would think it might. I think it might be easier to delete the teams first, rename the files that need it, and then move teams if you have to.

I'm not a huge fan of GMs running 2 teams. It's nothing against those GMs specifically. It just seems like a conflict of interest in a way. And it also can limit things as certain people trade with certain people a lot and so on. I would vote for fill them or delete them rather than double dip them JMHO.

MLB ERA

2 teams is more than enough
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

I honestly think it's better just the way it is. Find an interm GM
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

yeah, I'm not too fond of double GMs either prov, it makes things difficult and generally defeats the purpose of having a league...

but man, General hasn't done shit since he won his championship (in the first league was it?)... literally, nothing. One change a year, if I'm lucky.

minntwins fan... one change in the past 3 years, and it was a minor change. He never makes his draft picks or anything like that...

Lj moans when active. I like the guy, but hemoans when he has been active... and now he hasn't really sent a change since dating back to ASB last year. Plus, he let Danks and Kotchman go.... and didn't attempt to re-sign anyone else on his team. I realize he checked in, but I don't really know why. He PM'd me awhile back and told me he knew he was being inactive and apologized for it, but why bother if you're going to continue to be inactive? I'd much rather just know and look for a new GM.... in time I'd hope I could find SOMEONE.. I dunno. Atleast LJ's active on the board though sometimes.

BuckFoston is a really nice kid but he has no idea what he is doing I don't think, and hasn't sent a change since he rejoined anyway. I don't really have a problem telling him that he has to either be more active or I am replacing him. He doesn't really seem to care one way or another...

Honestly, I don't want it to look like I hold grudges with these guys, or any of you guys when you don't send changes..... because I don't. I have nothing against any of the guys above (except maybe twinsfan, LOL). It's just getting to the point where it's like... why should I bother to put so much effort into the league, when no one is active anymore? I know a good portion of you guys care a lot about the league, and I don't want a few people to ruin it... but I'm seriously close to just wrapping up shop or passing the file on... because it's a lot of work to run a sim league, and when you don't have a full house... I feel like I'm putting forth a lot of effort for nothing....

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You know only one of those guys will probably say anything if you got rid of their team (mntwinsfan, cause he's a mental douche), and you do put in a lot of effort so I mean, it's your league, be Roger Goodell and lay down the law and the smackdown.
    Ted

MLB ERA

the thing is, when general didn't check in or post his starters in the playoffs, was it last season? I was in the process of replacing him and had placed on his team page under the GM spot...... OPEN (Interim GM: Saber) and he pms me giving me some story about how much effort he put forth into his team, only for me to replace him.

So I know I'd catch shit from him. LJ, I don't even know. Like I said, he has sent me PMs before apologizing for BEING inactive, but then again he never really picked up either... so I don't know what his stance on the league is.

and BuckFoston I'm probably not going to replace afterall. I just need to explain how leagues work moreso to him and hope he can pick it up a little bit.

mintwinsfan is just a mental midget in general, if he were to whine I wouldn't really care.... maybe he'd wake up and actually manage his team then.

Thinking more and more about it though, I've decided if I were to extract, I'd only want to extract 1 or 2 teams tops. And even then, I'd hate to have to do it because once you do, it's going to be a hassle to bring them back.... and what if more teams become inactive? You cant just extract as owners lose interest. best case scenario is to find new GMs or hope somehow these guys decide to start caring (which isn't going to happen, sadly)

Seriously, if league activity doesn't pick up by season's end, I'm really considering letting someone else take on the file (dont worry prov, i won't let hammer do it) and try their luck. I dont know what else to do.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I don't think lj would care honestly

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

General is nothing, don't let a Ukrainian terd prevent you from helping your league.
    Ted

MLB ERA

yeah, generals a giant ******.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

word from Big Bird
    Ted

MLB ERA

ZINGa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast