Thread: 2010 Detroit Tigers

MLB ERA

2010 Detroit Tigers

The rebuild is complete... a few promising spects awaiting their shot in some upcoming seasons.... but this year's squad is making this the strongest Tigers team to be fielded yet

New Faces:
    Carl Crawford LF - Adds defense and speed and yet another lefty in the lineup
    Jose Reyes SS - Finally a leadoff hitter in the infield. Steals machine with good range at SS.
    Johnny Damon OF - Signed strictly as an emergency option and will sit at AAA unless needed.

Said bye to:
    Magglio Ordonez CF - The aging star was simply expendable. Needed to get younger and faster, though his consistency will be missed.
    Nate Robertson SP - Probably the most consistent SP the Tigers had, but Jurrens was ready.
    Carlos Guillen SS - A staple in the lineup with good hitting, but he was a slug and a defensive slouch.
    Mike Sweeney 1B/DH - Old work horse finally pushed out by the Larish/Shelton duo.

New Call Ups:
    Jair Jurrens SP - The next 10-10-10 SP for the rotation. Not much else to say
    Cameron Maybin CF - IMHO a great shot at R.O.Y.. Great contact, power, and speed. Goes into the 3 hole in the lineup immediately.

Starting Rotation:
    1) Andrew Miller (L) - 10-8-10 (10-10-10) - Still only 24 and continually improving
    2) Jeremy Bonderman (R) - 10-8-8 - 27 and in his prime, needs to pitch to full potential
    3) Rick Porcello (R) - 10-7-8 - Only 21. Came up with a bang last year but had an injury almost immediately. Needs to come out strong
    4) Justin Verlander (R) 9-8-8 - Also 27 and entering prime. Had best year last year, needs to keep up that trend.
    5) Jair Jurrens (R) - 8-7-8 (10-10-10) - 24 year old rookie needs to perform while finishing progression into the stud SP I think he can be.

Bullpen:

Mopup/Middle
    Luke Putkonen (R) 9-6-6 6END - Youngster goes from rotation to long relief.
    Joe Kennedy (L) 7-7-9 7END - Long relief lefty and emergency starter
    Russell West (R) 8-8-8 3END - Primary Middle relief

Setup/Middle
    Adam Peterson (R) 9-7-8 3END - What you expect out of a setup guy.
    Dennys Reyes (L) 9-7-6 5END - The typical lefty setup guy, back from injury

Closer:
    Joel Zumaya (R) 10-7-7 3END - Mr. 100MPH continues to close. Coming off of his best year as a closer for the Tigers.

Lineups:

.vs Righties
    1) SS Jose Reyes (S) - 8-10-6-7-6 10steals - The young, base stealing, good hitting youngster this team needed.
    2) LF Carl Crawford (L) - 9-8-7-5-6 9steals - See above plus some great CF defense.
    3) CF Cameron Maybin (R) - 9-7-8-5-5 9steals - Would love to see him reach his 10 power potential. Possible R.O.Y.
    4) DH Jeff Larish (L) - 8-6-10-6-5 - Your typical DH. Good contact, good power, pretty much a slug on the base paths.
    5) RF Curtis Granderson (L) - 9-10-7-6-5 9steals - Ex leadoff hitter had to be moved down in the lineup with the 3 new players in the top of the order. Though his great contact, decent power, and awesome gap/EBH ability will be a big bonus here.
    6) 1B Brad Wilkerson (L) - 7-9-8-9-4 - Moves to 1B against righties after being the starting RF. His defense at 1B is a vast improvement. Has the ratings to succeed here.
    7) 3B Mike Lowell (R) - 7-9-9-6-6 - Veteran 3B moves down in the lineup. Having 7 contact and 9 power here is a definite blessing.
    8) C Neil Walker (S) - 7-6-8-4-5 - Young catcher gets a break near the bottom of the order with less pressure. Did not perform as well higher up in the order. Hopefully this changes things.
    9) 2B Ryan Rayburn (R) - 7-7-7-6-5 - If he progresses fully up to his 8 contact and 8 power, it might make him the best hitter in the 9=hole in the league.

.vs Lefties
    1) Reyes
    2) Crawford
    3) Maybin
    4) Larish
    5) 1B Chris Shelton (R) - 7-8-9-7-4 - Added to the lineup against lefties. Not a great defender, but if he gets his 10 in power, who the hell cares?
    6) Granderson
    7) Lowell
    8) Walker
    9) Rayburn

This team should be top 10 in pitching. Great potential in the rotation and above average in the bullpen. Miller is a threat for Cy Young. Depth is great in pitching with 2.5 star starters and bullpen pitchers just sitting at AAA...... The lineup is pretty much murderer's row revisited. Power and contact everywhere. Last year's missing ingredients of speed and steals, is well addressed. I fully expect this to be a top 3 offense, all around except for maybe walks.

Should be the favorite in the AL Central and primed for a post season run.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2010 Detroit Tigers

It's a good team, but...why would you bat Granderson 5th?...just my 2 cents. Great rotation though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Don't want him 4th.. .don't want him lower in the order.. has the steals ability but lesser speed, so I did not want to take one of the others out of the top 3 to put Granderson in there

MLB ERA

I love your 1-2 punch (in the lineup)... and your rotation is just filthy. you're going to lead the league in triples by about 2000 I think, with Reyes and Crawford paired alongside Granderson now.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

let alone the doubles.... I wonder if I get someone else or Granderson to beat the record he set 2 seasons ago

MLB ERA

tell them to forgot hitting HR at all costs
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think my #9 Hitter in Adam Jones could give your #9 a run for his money.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)