Thread: Hey guys, having some cpu issues (no worries about the league file).. read please!

MLB ERA

Hey guys, having some cpu issues (no worries about the league file).. read please!

Hey all,

The fan on my power source is either dirty, has a loose bolt, or may just be going and as a result it's buzzing very loud. My CPU runs fine, but I fear it may overheat if I don't handle this soon.

I believe January 2nd if I can take it into the computer shop I used to work at, I'm going to see if the guy there can help me take a look at it and determine what it is.

Hopefully, it'll just be a case of walking in, looking at it with the guy, and walking out. I'm really hoping it's just a dirty fan or dust or something, and I won't have to order a whole new part for it.

However, if I have to leave it there for a few days, I won't have the OOTP program for however long it takes to get it repaired as I will be using a different laptop in the mean time.

I backed everything up to my external hard drives, and even went as far as to upload the zipped league file to OOTP 6 Generated Website.

I won't be able to bring this computer in until the 2nd, so tomorrow's sim will go down as scheduled. But I'm just forewarning everyone that we may have a slight break if my cpu sits in the shop for a few days.

Apologies. I'm just as frusterated as everyone else... last thing I wanted is to potentially be out a computer over the winter break.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: Hey guys, having some cpu issues (no worries about the league file).. read please

Listen where the noise is coming from.... you should be easily able to hear if it is on the power supply or internal to the PC (Hard drive/cpu fan/etc)... things like fan should be easily blown or vacuumed to get out crud and probably get the noise gone... power supply or CPU fan would also be an easy swap out fix you can quickly do yourself....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Re: Hey guys, having some cpu issues (no worries about the league file).. read please

It's definitely coming from within the power supply box... whether it's coming from the supply fan itself or if the power supply is going on me, I'm unsure. I don't have a screwdriver small enough to fit in there to open it up to find out. But it's within the power supply box... and I believe there's a fan inside the power supply box too, no? If so, I'm pretty sure it's that... depending on how the cpu is rattled it briefly stops sometimes so I'm thinking it might be a loose nut maybe...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

god damn you have more excuses than a crackhead

AAA ERA

Not sure what happened, but he didn't sim tonight. He's been on AIM all day though. So the comp appears to be going strong.

MLB ERA

actually the rose bowl was tonight, and i got drunk, watched it, and passed out.... so i apologize if the sim isn't exactly on time. certain occasionals call to me putting my personal life above and beyond the internet.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

I just hope you weren't rooting for Zook and the Illini. Even though I'm from the area, I didn't care that much. Was just hoping for a good game. Michigan/Florida turned out to be a lot better.

MLB ERA

admittedly, my relationship with college football and Illinois is pretty simple... when they're terrible, I don't really follow them. When they're respectable, I seem to watch more. It's shitty, but I've always been that way with Illinois... not as much or even at all with some other sports.

After their cotton bowl loss to LSU a few years ago, I can safely say I didn't really care much at all until last year where I followed them very off and on, and then this year where I've watched every game.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat