Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: johan for crap (sandiego-minnesota)

MLB ERA

johan for crap (sandiego-minnesota)

1B Adrian Gonzalez 2.5, $2,528,571
    3B Kevin Kouzmanoff 1.5, $350,000
    SP Cesar Carillo 4.0, $300,00
    SP Will Inman 4.0 spec, MLC
    3B Zach Wilson 5.0 spec, MLC
    Subtotal: $3,178,571

for

SP Johan Santana 4.0, $12,000,000
    Subtotal:$12,000,000

vote if youd like, but im already failing and wanting to kick mntwinsfan out of the league for being an imbecile and setting stupid standards.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: johan for crap (sandiego-minnesota)

in all seriousnes.. sandiego may possibly have the worst farm in the game, and johan is the best pitcher.

is minnesota twins fan a ****ing idiot

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

fail...terrible.

Last week I offered (and got no response BTW):

SP 5.0 spec Carrasco
    1B 5.0 spec Parmelee
    OF 5.0 spec Brown
    MR 5.0 spec Terry

how is that offer better than mine was? or what KoZ or anyone else offered?

edit: The only good piece is Gonzo...Inman is alright, but would have to be a throw-in type spec. The rest is utter garbage...3 movement talent for Carillo?

MLB ERA

**** MNtwins fan. I'll kick him if he complains.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Hammer made a much better offer too... I know for fact.

He said his PM box was full. He's incredibly annoying to deal with. The league would be better without him, but he's active, so I don't want to force him to leave.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

and for the record, I've never been impressed with any trade offers by Dry...he always lowballs and makes shitty offers. he barely even runs his team in TSSL...sends changes once in a while, never trades, and never participates in FA despite having a ton of money. He's a pretty terrible GM from what I've seen.

MLB ERA

bullshit...if the PM box was full, then the PM wouldn't go through on the senders end. You would get a popup saying "Joe Blow's box is full"...I didn't get that when I sent a PM. I didn't expect him to accept my offer considering how he left TSSL, but a response is the polite thing...whatever. I know I always respond to PMs...always

you almost want to pass this, just to penalize twinsfan for his continued stupidity and ignorance with trades in these leagues. but thats not fair to the other 28 teams that would see San Diego getting the game's best pitcher for peanuts, just because Minnesota's GM is ludicrous.

complete and utter fail, and apologies to San Diego for the fact that they even have to live under the assumption that this BS made it all the way to the council
    WELL MR MAYOR, FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS SPIN DOCTORS MIX TAPE
    cleveland steamers gm in tssl
    walker texas rangers gm in tpsl

MLB ERA

Dry is off and on, but he's a nice guy... so I have no qualms with him. MNtwins is nice to me, but he's a terrible GM... again though, I can't really kick him unless he does something to me. And he's active.

I'm just on a very short-temper tonight... ive had to set and re-set a christmas tree in a stand about 50 times, and i'm about to punch a hole in a wall because of it -- and when I saw this trade it kinda irked me.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a straight-up fail on every single standard.

I just don't want to have to hear the backlash, which is why I wish people didn't make stupid trades. The fact that we need a trade council is ridiculous to me in the first place, and I often contemplate removing it completely-- then something like this comes along and I remember why it's in place.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    and for the record, I've never been impressed with any trade offers by Dry...he always lowballs and makes shitty offers. he barely even runs his team in TSSL...sends changes once in a while, never trades, and never participates in FA despite having a ton of money. He's a pretty terrible GM from what I've seen.
    i can't speak for Dry's credibility, as i dont much follow his activity... but in a lot of ways, i do a lot of the same stuff that you described him doing. i usually (unintentionally) lowball people in offers, mainly because i have an inflated sense of value for my own players. same reason i never really make a huge splash in FA; im usually over-confident in the 25 guys on my active roster, and put my eggs into their basket.

hopefully, i'm not perceived as a crappy GM like Dry... just a bull-headed GM that latches on to the players he drafts and gives them way too many chances.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDawkins View Post
    you almost want to pass this, just to penalize twinsfan for his continued stupidity and ignorance with trades in these leagues. but thats not fair to the other 28 teams that would see San Diego getting the game's best pitcher for peanuts, just because Minnesota's GM is ludicrous.

complete and utter fail, and apologies to San Diego for the fact that they even have to live under the assumption that this BS made it all the way to the council

agreed completely. But he should've known it would fail. When I make deals, I kind of have a sense for what will pass, and what won't... if he's going to pull off a trade in this, it would have taken atleast Meredith and a guy like Antonelli in place of a guy like Cesar Carillo...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDawkins View Post
    i can't speak for Dry's credibility, as i dont much follow his activity... but in a lot of ways, i do a lot of the same stuff that you described him doing. i usually (unintentionally) lowball people in offers, mainly because i have an inflated sense of value for my own players. same reason i never really make a huge splash in FA; im usually over-confident in the 25 guys on my active roster, and put my eggs into their basket.

hopefully, i'm not perceived as a crappy GM like Dry... just a bull-headed GM that latches on to the players he drafts and gives them way too many chances.
    no, you're much more active and try to improve your team IMHO. I don't mean lowball in the way to get discussions going...he lowballs in the way that it's his only offer...take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    The fact that we need a trade council is ridiculous to me in the first place, and I often contemplate removing it completely-- then something like this comes along and I remember why it's in place.
    i agree about the trade council thing, but i'm glad its here for the new GMs who are experiencing their first league, or may have never even experienced OOTP before. but for a trade like this to come from a veteran OOTP leaguer like twinsfan is a disgrace.

but yeah, the trade council is a good thing for the new guys who could be prone to getting ripped off. reminds me of when i joined Mission's league at the very beginning of its tenure... i chose Tampa Bay, had absolutely no understanding of OOTP or the value of prospects, and i traded Delmon Young, BJ Upton and Josh Hamilton to the Yankees for Nick Johnson, Jeff Weaver and some other scrub. so embarrassing in retrospect, but i just didnt know any better at the time

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    agreed completely. But he should've known it would fail. When I make deals, I kind of have a sense for what will pass, and what won't... if he's going to pull off a trade in this, it would have taken atleast Meredith and a guy like Antonelli in place of a guy like Cesar Carillo...
    I don't agree that we almost should just pass it...look what happened to his Twins in TSSL...he traded everyone worth anything and only had 1 winning season out of 7 (the 1st season with the default team before he traded anyone). He never won more than 77 games after that 1st default season (69,66,69,69,77,62).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

you guys probably said everything i needed to say... my original offer to him, was jarrod parker (10/8/9 starter spect), carlos quentin or carlos gonzalez, and a couple assorted spects after that, and i also got no response. hell, i sent him another offer today lowballing him because... **** him, he didnt respond to my first one... and THAT ONE was better than this garbage. this kid is a dolt, and it outright scares me that he has a child in this world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast