John Maine-SP, 2.5, $ 300,000

Florida trades:
    Dontrell Willis-SP, 4.0, $ 5,971,429
    Kris Harvey- RF, 3.5 prospect, MLC
    Eric Reed- CF, 2.0, MLC
    Eddy Rodriguez- 3.5 MR, MLC

MLB ERA

Re: Last minute deal: Trade NYM-FLA

finally a real deadline deal, I'll pass it.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

me personally i dont like it. dtrain is the best piece in the deal easy, so nothing else shouldve been going to the mets. maine and wright have awesome ratings but theyre underacheivers. now, i know where youre coming from on this... dtrain always gets a monster extension/offer in fa... but by my count, that shouldnt have to occur until next year, where if you put dtrain on the open market i think you could get more than that. if dave wright ever plays to his ratings, then i like the deal for you... but statistically in this league hes a bum, and he was never anything special for me in the previous league for me. im not impressed, but theres still a bunch more guys to vote. im gonna put a fail on it though.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Honestly Hammer, I threw in the pieces. Harvey is a bit under in development and Rodriguez is not crucial to the future of my pen. One of the biggest points to this deal is Wright, despite underperforming I have a contract that I can handle through his prime. Should Cabrera not resign with me, I will have a cornerstone bat for awhile and that really did seal it for me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When the pages load for me (site's really slow??) I'll give a real response, but initially, I actually don't like it for the mets to be honest. That's not a pass or fail, I need to see things first
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Actually, well.
    I don't like it for the mets from a talent standpoint. And I don't like it for the marlins from a stat standpoint. The things with Willis, are crap. Not really even a factor in this deal. I question why you didn't showcase Willis to get other offers, cause I'm sure you would have (i.e. look at the number of young aces that have been put on the trade block and have been dealt). I know I would have offered ;]

And for the mets, I hope they resign the guy when the time hits and he should hope Wright and Maine keep underachieving.

I'll pass.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I think the Mets are giving up too much. Willis is the only good piece that the Marlins are giving up IMHO. fail.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I see no problem with this. Wright and Maine are very good ratings wise but that's fine for a 10-10-10 guy for me even if they aren't performing well. Pass.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Actually, well.
    I don't like it for the mets from a talent standpoint. And I don't like it for the marlins from a stat standpoint. The things with Willis, are crap. Not really even a factor in this deal. I question why you didn't showcase Willis to get other offers, cause I'm sure you would have (i.e. look at the number of young aces that have been put on the trade block and have been dealt). I know I would have offered ;]

And for the mets, I hope they resign the guy when the time hits and he should hope Wright and Maine keep underachieving.

I'll pass.
    I had no intention of dealing Willis really. My class schedule has been insane, as has work, which meant no time for the site let alone leagues. OM made an offer at like 7 tonight and it seemed good to me so I accepted. He has the cash to resign a guy like Willis, and I had the surplus of arms to let him go.

MLB ERA

So... it's a 3-2 pass, I guess?

Wright might come around, and Maine was a beast in the previous TPSL, so maybe he's just having a down year. Obviously Dontrelle is the best piece here... but he's one of the best pitchers in the league.

Another thing I look at here, is when OM sends in changes, he has me auto his lineup and staff... and as a result, all of his players are sometimes tired or in weird places in the lineup. Maybe that's why Wright sucks dick here. I dunno.

Lots of intangibles in this deal, but that's what trading is about.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I wouldn't be so sure on OM having the money to sign Willis (and Harden the next year). His payroll is way over last year's revenue and the team lost money last year, too. I am confused as to how he has $47 mil in "cash"...and how the Cubs have over $30 mil in cash. How does that happen? I've never seen it that high before...especially when a team loses money like the Mets.