Thread: Rules pertaining to trading recently signed free agents.

MLB ERA

Rules pertaining to trading recently signed free agents.

Alright, we've been planning on putting this up, so it's nothing new. But we gotta get it up sometime.

- No contracts signed over the free agency period that are 2 years or longer can be traded before June 1st of the regular season
    - No contracts signed over the free agency period of players making over 10 million can be traded until the offseason after one year

Any players who don't fall under those two clauses are free to be traded at any time.

I know the popularity of these two rulings will be mixed, but frankly we do not want to see GMs spending like crazy in the offseason, and then trying to dig themselves out of their hole that they made right off the bat. We're also not fond of sign-and-trades, because it simply doesn't happen in baseball.

Hopefully this won't pose as a problem with most of you. We appreciate all of the good feedback we've gotten on some other ideas we've implimented, and hopefully this will work with most of you as well.

Thanks guys. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good move, in my opinion. I didn't really like it in S3SL, but then again people didn't come right out wanting to trade away recently signed players either, and I noticed on trade blocks that new signees were being shopped immediately.

Cudos/Kudos.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    thank ya. I just don't want people making signings with the intention of dumping them. That's kind of bush...

That's extremely bush...general...>_>
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree to a certain point. I mean, I couldn't blame a team who spent a little but just fell so behind it was pointless in trying to continue competing. June 1st is pretty ideal.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It should be renamed the "bwitty Rule".