Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAQ, Compensation Rules, GM List, Slider Settings, etc.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Current League Totals, PCMs, PDMs, and Player Evaluation AI Setup Settings.

Every game I have had is set to 65% ratings 25% last seasons stats, 10 % the year before that, and 0% for the stats 3 seasons ago.

In order for OOTP to function based on its ratings system, over 50% should be weighted to ratings IMHO.

Now I think I know why Rustich and Salo are rated the way they are and suck the way they do.

Statistically, how does a player recover from a bad year? I think recovering from one bad year is possible, but 2 or more is statistically unlikely because over 50% of current statistics is based on the past TWO years of statistics.

I think I'll start a thread on the OOTP board to see what people say... I love this league and have been relatively successful, so I am definitely not trying to do anything but contribute to a positive discussion on the mathematics of the game.

MLB ERA

I totally agree with OM, i think i now know why i can't get my power hitters to smash anything over the fence in Coors.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

TSSL uses 70% ratings, 15% current year, 10% previous year, and 5% 2 years ago if anyone cared.

agree, ratings should count for greater%. That's just personal preference though, whatever nick wants...

MLB ERA

I'd go with 55% ratings 22% current 16% 1 year ago 7% 2 years ago but thats just me
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

I will modify them.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I totally agree with OM, i think i now know why i can't get my power hitters to smash anything over the fence in Coors.

You can't?

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

For the record guys... at one point ratings weight was at 60..... HOWEVER, I do not remember what all 3 statistical ratings weights were at. I changed it to the OOTP Default maybe... 2 or 3 sim seasons ago? I actually did it based on recommendation from a post on the OOTP boards, OM. BUT... everything you are saying makes COMPLETE sense.

I appreciate all of the feedback guys. Honestly, I am always learning more about this game. And I can admit-- I am somewhat naive to the slider settings still. Moving forward, I would like to make these crystal, so anything you guys recommend that can better the league.... I am 10000000% for.

Just don't try to use team failure as an excuse based on sliders EVERYONE was playing with. That's aggrivating to me, because I am trying to put forth a lot of effort into this league for you guys.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Would something like this work better:

Ratings Weight: 60
    Previous 1: 25
    Previous 2: 10
    Previous 3: 5

?

I am completely trusting you on this one OM, as I know you have a lot more knowledge on OOTP stuff like this than I do.... I know the file well, so I think the LEAGUE TOTALS that are in place will work well; but I was unaware about the ratings system and the impact it had back when I made the switch.

EDIT-- I unput these, and re-upped the site (some line-ups that were sent to me have been entered I have entered, some haven't been yet.... if your lineups aren't updated don't worry they'll get done, I didn't forget, I just randomly picked a few lineups and entered them)...

Let me know if ratings seem to look better or anything..... curious to hear feedback

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tiffany is up to 1.5 stars... lol yayyyy!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

First Nick, I don't know more about OOTP than you do. I think OOTP gamers reach a certain point where we know what the game designers wanted gamers to know. Now everything beyond that is experimentation. I think the settings you posted above this are excellent. I think this league is a barrel of fun. I would have played on as heartily as before if you left the settings weighted in favor of the stats just to see what I could learn. In the end, I don't think we were meant to figure this game out anymore than guys on this board already have. There are quite a few GMs who probably could shed more light on this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Would something like this work better:

Ratings Weight: 60
    Previous 1: 25
    Previous 2: 10
    Previous 3: 5

?

I am completely trusting you on this one OM, as I know you have a lot more knowledge on OOTP stuff like this than I do.... I know the file well, so I think the LEAGUE TOTALS that are in place will work well; but I was unaware about the ratings system and the impact it had back when I made the switch.

EDIT-- I unput these, and re-upped the site (some line-ups that were sent to me have been entered I have entered, some haven't been yet.... if your lineups aren't updated don't worry they'll get done, I didn't forget, I just randomly picked a few lineups and entered them)...

Let me know if ratings seem to look better or anything..... curious to hear feedback

I'm not happy at all about the adjustments (/sarcasm)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Really nick, go with what you want. It's the same for everyone as you said. Just stick with something. I think changing stuff constantly would be more of an issue because then we can't figure out what is what, you know?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Did you want Aram to hit 70? Pena 50?... you we're in the top ten in homeruns I bet, probably a lot higher.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Really nick, go with what you want. It's the same for everyone as you said. Just stick with something. I think changing stuff constantly would be more of an issue because then we can't figure out what is what, you know?

Agreed completely Prov. I don't want to have to have to change these ever again from this year forward (and really don't plan on it). That's why I'm trying to make sure they're not only what I feel confortable with, but something the league will enjoy as well.

I think I'm pretty sure this will work very good, and will help the league take a step forward.

Big thank you to OM and the rest who contributed... the final results are on the main page.

Now if anyone has any suggestions to the PCM's..... :P those can always be tweaked year-to-year depending on what we want in the draft.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12