Thread: Vernon Wells

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Vernon Wells

Hey everyone! How is Vernon Wells doing this season. I can look up his stats, but I thought it would be better to hear it from actual fans. I have not heard anything about him this season.

He started off really, really slow. He was brutal with RISP early in the season, especially in critical points of the game. But about mid-june, he really started to turn it on. He's been hitting well over .300 since then, and driving in runs left and right. Since then he's probably been the best Jay.

Defensively he's been outstanding all season. He makes so many plays that save hits here and there, but because he doesn't make a ton of hi-lite reel catches, he doesn't get a lot of attention.

I'll give him a B on the season so far.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think he is definitely one of the most underrated players in the game. I am surprised I have not heard that much of him this season. Thanks Impossibles!

Wasn't he supposed to be the savior, triple-crown and gold-glove winning God in 2004? 40-40, people kept saying. Fantasy baseball God. I traded him for Pujols straight up...hmm, who got the better deal?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic