Thread: Jays Sign Micheal Barrett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays Jays Sign Micheal Barrett

ESPN is reporting that the Blue Jays have signed Michael Barrett to a minor league contract.
    This could work out quite well if Barrett is healthy. Barrett is a better hitter versus lefties than first baseman Lyle Overbay or the Jays' current options at DH, so the Jays could have both he and Rod Barajas in the lineup a couple of times per week if they choose.
    Looks like the Jays have found a replacement for Gregg Zaun. Not a bad signing at all if you ask me. I thought he would return to SD but it looks like he will be going north. He fouled a ball off his face last year which made him miss the final three months of the season. The Jays also signed Matt Clement who took a line drive off the face and was never the same. Hopefully Barrett can come back.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Jays Sign Micheal Barrett

Also joining the Jays were catcher Raul Chavez, infielder Randy Ruiz and left-handed pitcher Mike Maroth.
    Jays sign C Barrett to minor league deal

Nice to see them atleast do something.
    I love these minor deals, and hope one of them turn out to be a viable option for the season in the bigs whatever their role may be.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jays Sign Micheal Barrett

I got news for you, Maroth will not make the team. He will be Matt Clement's bunk buddy in AAA.