Thread: Jays to honour Alomar at home opener

MLB ERA

Jays to honour Alomar at home opener

TSN : MLB - Canada's Sports Leader

(Sports Network) - Toronto Blue Jays host the Boston Red Sox in the first of a three-game set from the Rogers Centre. The game will have even more meaning for Toronto. It will be an extra-special night for the Jays. Not only will Toronto be playing its home opener, but it will also be adding former second baseman Roberto Alomar to the Blue Jay Level of Excellence.

Alomar played five seasons for the Blue Jays and was a key member of the 1992 and 1993 World Series winning teams. As a Blue Jay, Alomar was a five-time All-Star and won the Golden Glove award five times. With his addition to the Level of Excellence, Alomar will join other prominent Jays such as Tony Fernandez, George Bell, Joe Carter, Dave Steib, Cito Gaston, Tom Cheek and Pat Gillick.
    Big day for people for Toronto, they will honour Roberto Alomar today by raising his Number 12 to the Blue Jay Level of Excellence. Alomar was a big big part of the two World Series win in 1992 and 1993. In 1992 during the ALCS, Alomar hit a game winning HR against the A`s closer Dennis Eckersley. Which is somewhat forgotten after Joe Carter hit the winning HR in 1993.

Tonight will be sold out at the Rogers Centre.

Alomar was my favourite player growing up as a baseball fan, I was only 7 by the time 1992 happened but even then I knew something special was happening. Alomar had it all. a elite player if there ever was one.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Re: Jays to honour Alomar at home opener

i can tell you are from canada because you spell "favorite" and "honor" with u's. so much extra work
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

To the second best sceond baseman of all-time IMO. Sandberg is #1 with Alomar right behind him. Alomar could do it all and do it better than most. Too bad I can't get that incidient of him spitting in the umps face out of my head. He was a huge part of those championship teams!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    i can tell you are from canada because you spell "favorite" and "honor" with u's. so much extra work
    that's english for you

"our" is spelled exactly the same but when favorite or honor is different, why drop the u? you americans must be lazy
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Reefer.... How can you say that Sandberg is better than Alomar. He is so much better is isn.t funny. Roberto's range was the best ever, he could steal bases, and he was super clutch (ask Eckersley). Joe Morgan was better than Sanberg.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I only really got to see Alomar when he was playing with the Indians and he had it all in my opinion. Speed, Range, Power. Ryne Sandberg retired when I was only 5 years old so I don't really remember him , but he had some wicked stats.