Thread: Jays trying to trade Thomson

AA ERA

Blue Jays Jays trying to trade Thomson

Right-hander Josh Towers appears close to landing a spot in the Blue Jays' rotation; the Jays are trying to trade right-hander John Thomson, whom they signed to a one-year, $500,000 free-agent contract. Thomson's salary would increase to $1.5 million if he made the Opening Day roster, and he also could earn up to $4 million in performance bonuses. The Jays likely would release Thomson if they are unable to move him. Thomson, as a newly signed free agent, must consent to any trade.
    FOX Sports - MLB - Around the horn: Griffey to start in right

AA ERA
    FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal says the Jays will likely trade or release John Thomson prior to Opening Day.
    Such a move would clear a rotation spot for Josh Towers. That the Jays want to go down that road again seems like a bad sign to us, but at least they wouldn't locked into him, not with Shaun Marcum and Casey Janssen in reserve. Because he was signed as a free agent over the winter, Thomson would have to approve any trade. The A's could do worse than to bring him in as their fifth starter. The Mets made him an offer before he signed with Toronto, but they couldn't bring him in now, not after he insulted Paul Lo Duca.
    John Thomson : Rotoworld.com - John Thomson Biography from Rotoworld.com

Rookie ERA
    I don't like it.

MLB ERA
    I don't like this one bit, maybe for different reasons.

Thomson a good 4/5 pitcher and getting rid of him like nothing is bad business imo, treating a player like this after signing is showing a lot of disrespect to the players as a whole, and it could bite the Jays in the ass sooner or later. To me Koskie got the same treatment after a year when he signed a 3 year contract.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the idea of showing no respect. "Hey join our team, just so we can kick you out" I don't think the Jay's need that kind of image.

Plus, I still hate Towers. Period. I think he stinks in this role.

Rookie ERA
    I think that you have to try and keep Thomson, it's not a bad idea to have some depth. Everyone knows what Towers did last year.