Thread: BlueJays Offseason Notes

MLB ERA

BlueJays Offseason Notes

Geremi Gonzalez, who signed a minor league deal with the Jays earlier this month, earned his ninth save for Magallanes of the VWL by getting four outs on Sunday.
    The plan was for Gonzalez to move into the Magallanes rotation before the end of the season, but he's having so much success in the closer's role that he might stay there. He's allowed just one run in 15 2/3 innings.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA
    Nice.

MLB ERA
    The Jays and Rod Barajas have cut off negotiations after they hit a last-minute snag on their two-year deal.
    Agent Terry Bross basically confirmed Monday morning that it was a done deal. However, something big changed and it now looks like Gregg Zaun will return to Toronto and Barajas will head elsewhere. Philadelphia and San Francisco might be possibilities for him. Also, the Red Sox and Yankees could consider him as a backup.
    Source: BlueJays.mlb.com
    Just got word of this a few minutes ago.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA

Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    Just got word of this a few minutes ago.
    beat you to it, i made a thread already.

MLB ERA
    My bad, did not know how I missed that.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

no problem Draven, we all make boo-boos!! Just get them the next time.

MLB ERA
    To think I'm at work right now.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    the Jays are off and spending again. I see the 7 Yr./$126 million dollar contract is finalized. The 6th largest in baseball history. Going from not being on the team possibly, to a very rich man!!!!!

wow!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I thought I heard or saw somewhere, can't remember. Alex Rios is being shopped around now!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I thought I heard or saw somewhere, can't remember. Alex Rios is being shopped around now!!!
    this is off another board so its 2nd hand info

With Vernon Wells locked up, the Blue Jays will consider trading Alex Rios, ESPN's Buster Olney reports.

The Jays tried to trade Rios for Paul Maholm a year ago. Fortunately for them, the Pirates turned down the offer. Olney suggests that the Mets might be a match with Lastings Milledge and Aaron Heilman. That's the kind of pairing that might tempt the Jays.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    cool... thanks for the info.