Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Season Free Agents - Suggestions

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Brown (Indians)
    I'm for blind bidding. It's more realistic.
    I'm curious Lou...what is your solution for the "under 25 year old" minor leaguers. Would we accept blind bids for them also.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    That rule would be fine for the type of period that we had today. I don't like that idea for the regular free agency period though. Most teams are lucky if they get that many free agents in a 24 hour period anyways. The thing is that there will likely never be a Free Agent period like what we just had. Teams don't release players very often, because they will be responsible for the remaining contract. I only gave a "free release" period to help teams relax their payroll due to the AI drafting older more expensive players.

Yeah, that's what I meant for this past period. There's still going to be a giant boat load left, so it might apply during the first season as well. But I figure things will be like s3sl, FAs retire, things dwindle down, and you have something similar to what mission has. Even though he's in 2014, but of all the seasons I have been there, the free agent pool during the season has been scarce.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    You can't be serious?! How is sitting and waiting for the clock to tick down with your pm ready to be sent fair and easy? What about GMs who can't be there?
    I think it is fair b/c it is realistic. This scenario is a little different b/c its after the draft. But still, in real FA, when it starts at 12:01 am, sometimes early bird can get the worm. Team A calls at 12:02 and makes plan for a visit that afternoon and offers 2 mil. Team B calls at 12:20 and sets up a meeting for the next day and offers 3 mil. Player goes to Team A, likes what he sees, he never visits Team B. All to the point of sometimes early bird gets the worm.

I dont see what the big fuss about all of this is anyway over marginal players. If these guys were so important, you should have put them on your draft list. Dont ***** about the draft taking so long and then ***** that FA isnt taking long enough.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Did he complain about the draft taking so long? I think most of the complaints were about getting the draft moving along, in the beginning.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Lou,

You mentioned before that you would like there to be a pool of free agents available during the season to dip into in case of injuries instead of teams hoarding players in their minor league system. Please let me know if I got any of that wrong. Anyways, that isn't very realistic either. In the MLB, there isn't this pool of players just sitting at home waiting for a team to need them and sign them. MLB teams sign players to minor league deals to see how they perform and in case they need to call on them in the future. I guess you could call it hoarding players if you want to.

MLB ERA
    Making a big stink about FA's being signed the day before the season starts... In baseball, that FA is not sitting there with a stipulation that he has to see more than one offer coming in... at that point, the guy is probably looking for the first offer on the table....

You're lucky this wasn't the true "first come first served"....

You don't need to complicate things during the season with some person interested in a FA on the list on June 13th, and telling him he has to wait until all people have a fair chance at that player.... bullprunes... how complicated you want to make this?? It's a damn game
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Did he complain about the draft taking so long? I think most of the complaints were about getting the draft moving along, in the beginning.
    I wasnt referring to Lou there so much, but just the whole off beat topic.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    You're lucky this wasn't the true "first come first served"....
    Right, I've been getting offers for free agents ever since the draft ended. lol I didn't accept any of them though, because I thought it would be fair to announce an exact time that FA offers would be accepted. I'm not sure that it really mattered though, because there would be complaints no matter how it was done. I could have given a 7 day notice of the time that FA offers would be accpeted, but any GM that couldn't be online at that time would complain.

MLB ERA
    So you can't sign them, that's the point of a salary cap. That you can't sign everybody.

Why? You can still sign him if you think he's worth the risk.

But really don't see the disadvantage other that it makes the job of an GM a bit more challenging.
    We are making a mountain out of a mole hill people. We are talking about players who 90% of the time wont make a much contribution if any. This will be the only time that there will be a LARGE NUMBER of FAs by a few, any other years most of the MLCs will occur end of the Free Agency period.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If you go near Spooneybarger, I will throw water balloons at you.
    Ted

AA ERA
    Yes, Spooneybarger. I knew there was a missing link to my team. Thanks KOZ.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh God No!!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    If you go near Spooneybarger, I will throw water balloons at you.
    I love a good water balloon fight.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    I think it is fair b/c it is realistic. This scenario is a little different b/c its after the draft. But still, in real FA, when it starts at 12:01 am, sometimes early bird can get the worm. Team A calls at 12:02 and makes plan for a visit that afternoon and offers 2 mil. Team B calls at 12:20 and sets up a meeting for the next day and offers 3 mil. Player goes to Team A, likes what he sees, he never visits Team B. All to the point of sometimes early bird gets the worm.

I dont see what the big fuss about all of this is anyway over marginal players. If these guys were so important, you should have put them on your draft list. Dont ***** about the draft taking so long and then ***** that FA isnt taking long enough.
    I wish I could have written this because thats exactly how I feel right now Volzok.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I love a good water balloon fight.
    Make Free Agency during the blazing summer please Crazy .

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast