Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency begins Sunday at Noon EST

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockiesGM
    I am in agreement with Lou Brown here on some of his points, the FA period no matter how it was run should have come with more advance notice. Anyone who paid attention during the draft realized we had owners from all different time zones. Its done with & yes we all do want to get on with the season, but more of a heads up would be nice.
    I completely agree. This was pretty much crap. It's announced TODAY how free agency will be run and those who happen to be on the computer at all times every day are rewarded and those of us busy and/or with families on the weekends are left to pick up the leftover pieces? After spending as much time as I did putting together lists for the drafts each night I must say I'm pretty damn disappointed to find out this is how FA's were placed.

People in different COUNTRIES much less different time zones here in the states and we don't get more notice than that? I don't get that at all. Sorry.
    Jason
    Kansas City Monarchs GM

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    fine I will chill. we all have opinions.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Crazy gave you more than enough time. If you can't check in once a day, that's not our problem, that's yours. Quit being a whiny b!tch, and that goes out for all of you.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Crazy gave you more than enough time. If you can't check in once a day, that's not our problem, that's yours. Quit being a whiny b!tch, and that goes out for all of you.
    If I can't check in once a day I'm a whiny b!tch? GIve me a phucking break. And by the way genius, I am checking in once a day, just late in the day not at the crack of dawn. I have a wife and two kids that get my full attention, not this league. If you're different, how lucky for you. You probably got the free agents you wanted and are happy as a clam. Moron.

And why is it every league has a little person that talks a lot of sh!t over the internet and feels it necessary to stick his nose into everyone else's business? It still cracks me up that the FA proposal is announced incredibly early this morning and it's "my fault" for not having checked in sooner today on a weekend. Unbelievable.
    Jason
    Kansas City Monarchs GM

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Monarchs
    I completely agree. This was pretty much crap. It's announced TODAY how free agency will be run and those who happen to be on the computer at all times every day are rewarded and those of us busy and/or with families on the weekends are left to pick up the leftover pieces? After spending as much time as I did putting together lists for the drafts each night I must say I'm pretty damn disappointed to find out this is how FA's were placed.

People in different COUNTRIES much less different time zones here in the states and we don't get more notice than that? I don't get that at all. Sorry.
    Well...I gave up most of my day to go through messages and input offers into the game only to get these complaints. Trust me... no matter how much notice is given, somebody would be upset. After all the time I put into this league, for free mind you, the last thing I want to do is deal with complain after complaint. It's days like this that make me want to consider letting someone else deal with all of these problems. It just isn't worth it.

Actually, I sent my list in late, and probably missed out on the good ones.

Crazy posted this at 3 AM in the morning. Therefore, you had 9 hours to notice that this mini-FA period would start.

Also, real mature comment you ended your "argument" on. "Moron"? Yeah, I can't compete with that.

Rookie ERA
    Actually, I sent my list in late, and probably missed out on the good ones.

Crazy posted this at 3 AM in the morning. Therefore, you had 9 hours to notice that this mini-FA period would start.

Also, real mature comment you ended your "argument" on. "Moron"? Yeah, I can't compete with that.
    Yes, nine hours if I had nothing better to do than be online at 3am or somehow before noon today. You're argument's not exactly a prize winner either Ace.
    Jason
    Kansas City Monarchs GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey.
    Let's all stop bickering and admire the scantily clad female celebrities at the Oscars!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I agree with KOZ.

Sorry, I'm not exactly in a good mood, as I slept for 2 hours tonight.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    Well...I gave up most of my day to go through messages and input offers into the game only to get these complaints. Trust me... no matter how much notice is given, somebody would be upset. After all the time I put into this league, for free mind you, the last thing I want to do is deal with complain after complaint. It's days like this that make me want to consider letting someone else deal with all of these problems. It just isn't worth it.
    I agree, someone would have been unhappy, but the same day? I really don't think I'm being unreasonable by suggesting that's not enough notice after the draft lasted as long as it did. For about the fourteenth time, I think you're definitely tackling a huge responsibility. I'm not bashing you personally. I simply stated my opinion (which earlier I read we were allowed) was that wasn't nearly enough time for those who don't live on the computer. I've in no way been an absent owner and yet now the penalty for now checking in every couple of hours.
    Jason
    Kansas City Monarchs GM

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    ...my feeling is if you want to be in the league, then you deal with the way the league is run. Opinions are fine, but as far as Im concerned, whatever Crazy decides on things is how it goes. Period. There is no point for all this arguing. none.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Monarchs
    I agree, someone would have been unhappy, but the same day? I really don't think I'm being unreasonable by suggesting that's not enough notice after the draft lasted as long as it did. For about the fourteenth time, I think you're definitely tackling a huge responsibility. I'm not bashing you personally. I simply stated my opinion (which earlier I read we were allowed) was that wasn't nearly enough time for those who don't live on the computer. I've in no way been an absent owner and yet now the penalty for now checking in every couple of hours.
    I'm with you man. I am Eastern time zone. I went to bed last night at 1:00 am, got up to go to church w/ the family & then spent the afternoon with my kids. I logged on immediately after putting them to bed. Crazy has done a good job & dealt with a lot of complaints, but this issue could have been avoided.
    Erik

MLB ERA
    Crazy, when's the list going to get posted?
    Well...I have finished entering all of the offers. I was hoping that the transaction page would show all of the offers, and I could just post that. I didn't realize that it doesn't show MLC signings. I'm debating now how important it is to list all of the MLC signings or if updating the site with all of the changes would be just as good. I can easily post the Major League signings, but posting the MLC signings would probably take another hour or two. If you guys want me to post the MLC signings...I'll do it...just let me know.

Just post the regular signings for now. That'd be best for me, as I'm losing conciousness and want to go to sleep.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Whatever is easiest for you. If you want to post the major league signings and just upload the site there on, sounds good.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast